Ferguson: Understanding Schoen's impact in Winnipeg

When the Winnipeg Blue Bombers lost Kenny Lawler in free agency the question quickly became who would replace his productivity. The Bombers’ offence was admittedly run based, but created huge game changing plays through the air on second down as quarterback Zach Collaros picked apart defences in crucial late game and long down situations.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/08/04/ferguson-understanding-schoens-impact-in-winnipeg/
1 Like

Danke Schoen.

2 Likes

THAT will never get old. :grin:

1 Like

I said in the preseason that we would need a rookie to step up big, but even I wasn't expecting this.
We somehow might be better at WR than lastyear after losing Lawler & Adams.
If only we could have seen how Agudosi would fare after his hot start, hopefully we still get to find out before playoffs.

GE, Schoen, Demski, Bailey, Agudosi and Wolitarsky. Not too shabby at all.

2 Likes

Friggin' crazy! When Ellingson comes back that receiving corps will be the best Collaros has had yet. Shoehorn Agudosi into that slice of awesomeness and we'll be downright terrifying for any set of DB's to cover. :partying_face:

1 Like

:tophat: 's off to the 2nd best GM in the league-Kyle Walters :exclamation: deserve full credit for replacing Darvin Adams & Kenny Lawlor. Dalton Schoen will win the "Rookie of the Year" :gem: if he stays healthy for the remaining 9 games & the playoffs in this 2022 season. :star:

P.S. He reminds me of Rob Gronkowski the way he catches the ball with his slick :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

2 Likes

My only disagreement is that I would rate Walters the current best. No disrespect to Hufnagel, but he has been passed by a younger, brighter, less cheap mind. It is easy to see the Stampeder downfall coming because Huff stubbornly refuses to move on from Bo, who is well past his best before date.

2 Likes