Ferguson: Taking in the greatness of a Canadian QB

It’s Tuesday afternoon, just three days after setting a single game Canadian passing yardage record and Nathan Rourke is locked in.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/06/30/ferguson-taking-in-the-greatness-of-a-canadian-qb/

"My guess? A lot of Ottawa fans are wishing for a high-scoring Ottawa win where the Canadian kid proves once again that he can play with anyone, anywhere, anytime. That would be the greatest gift of all this Canada Day weekend."

My guess is a much lower scoring game. We have 2 pretty good defenses here. Ottawa's problems last year didn't come from the defense & the Lions defense has been outstanding despite being ignored in all the hoopla surrounding Rourke.

Quote from the Article - "My guess? A lot of Ottawa fans are wishing for a high-scoring Ottawa win where the Canadian kid proves once again that he can play with anyone, anywhere, anytime."
Something wrong with that quote. If Ottawa ends up with a high scoring win ... How does that prove Rourke can play anywhere , anytime with anyone? If BC Wins with a hight score that could suggest that Rourke can play Anyione, Anywhere, anytime, but I seriously doubt that Ottawa Fans are wishing that. I figure just the opposite. That they wish (or hope) Rourke proves he was not as talented as he is and has shown in the past 2 games.
Now I'm not a fan of either team but because I truly have been hoping Canadian QBs can make all team rosters, I am pulling for Rourke and the Lions to decimate the RedBlacks as they did the Elks and Argos.
But when they face the Stamps Rourke has an off day! :smiley:LOL :smiley:

I was thinking about that quote suggesting, should we feel guilty for cheering against a Canadian QB? It's still a new thing in this day and age. But the Ottawa defense won't care. There's probably enough game video on Rourke to think blitz, pressure and cover short. That covers the run as well. But maybe Benevides has other plans.?