Ferguson: Full respect to Collaros, the King

There was a classic Shakespearian nature to Sunday’s Grey Cup in Hamilton.

You don’t have to be a fan of classic literature to understand that fighter jets flying over the roar of applause and neon lights flashing brightly through the December night sky don’t exactly fit the time period of Ol’ Bill’s work, but let me explain what does.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/12/18/ferguson-full-respect-collaros-king/

It’s ironic that Collaros not only became the best QB in the league this year, but that he very obviously excelled over and above his supposed better replacements in Hamilton, Toronto and Saskatchewan. It is mind boggling that he has only lost one game as a starter in two years, not counting the “official” loss in the garbage time game he started but barely played in. Would anyone seriously take the interception throwing Masoli in OT over the calm and cool Zach who threw both a touchdown pass and a 2 point convert in OT? Good on you Zach! Mr. Clutch. Always great to see a player considered to be down and out come back and excel. Kudos also to Bombers management for correctly identifying Zach’s potential when the other 8 teams had written him off. He just wins baby!

4 Likes

The King?? That is pretty hyperbolic. Collaros had 1 good season

So let’s just forget 2014 we’re he was great or 2015 were he was in convo for mop until injuries. But yes only great for one season. You fr, in 2013 as well he was great acting as if he was only great for one year is ridiculous. He had bad years but for most zach has been a great QB. 2017 and 2018 are the only bad years I can name. 2016 average the rest either good or great.

4 Likes

yes he had good years earlier in his career, but we all know this is about winning Grey Cups,

Collaros is a king in the same way there is a Burger King.

All things considered and looking in the moment, by far the best QB in the league right now. There's no close second, as not one other QB took his team on his shoulders this season and made any sort of dominate run. Top Oline in front off him doesn't hurt, top running back group behind him doesn't hurt, and a great receiver group alongside him doesn't hurt either. Add the best defense, best coach, a great GM and all that is missing is a kicker. Oh wait, got that too. The 3peat in Mosaic is going to be so sweet in 22'.

5 Likes

Sooo by that conclusion, we can safely say, Bo is washed up. Cause we know it's all about winning Grey Cups. Not only has he not won a Grey Cup recently, he can't Even win a playoff game.

3 Likes

He won three Grey cups

4 Likes

More than BoBo!

2 Likes

Eight picks, really? Show me the two games ZC threw eight picks. I sense tension with you, can I suggest some yoga?

4 Likes

5 Likes

You're right and you're right. All these guys were so so by themselves but collectively their body of work was mighty impressive this year. We're also getting too darned old to win three in a row... so we'll do it anyway. :smiley: :+1:

4 Likes

Not as much as Ricky Ray was between 2005-2012, Or Damon Allen between 1987-1993 and 1993-2000 or Tome Brady for 10 yrs between Superbowl wins #3 and #4 or Zack Callaros 5 yrs between playoff wins,,, sure Bo is washed up because he hasn't won a Cup or playoff game in 2 seasons.

lol one as back up and one with a big crutch,,,,,,

YOU ARE NOT YOURSELF WHEN YOU'RE HUNGRY, HAVE A SNICKERS, YOGA, YOGURT, PRUNES, A BRAN MUFFIN. ANYTHING TO LOOSEN YOU UP.

BTW why are you yelling.

3 Likes

sure Bo is washed up because he hasn't won a Cup or playoff game in 2 seasons.

See at least we all agree on the same thing, if only once. It's a start.

5 Likes

At least he has his play by play career started.

2 Likes

No, not a King. That title goes to a Flutie or Calvillo or Moon or Jackson. More of a Phoenix, rising from his ashes and recovering his career. Just a feel good story.

2 Likes