Ferguson: 5 ways Leake, Bede will change Elks' fortunes - CFL.ca

I love this article. The kicking game is still alive and well in the CFL The Argos have used it to perfection in more than 1 grey cup win. I hope the Elks can turn things around this year. Leake with some big plays here and there and Bede more subtly and consistently putting more turf in front of the opposition.

4 Likes

I think the Elks best option is to cut Faithfull at this point in time. As much as I hate to see him go, he is moving on to bigger and better things. He is coaching kickers for the Europe league and I’m not sure he stands a chance with Bede on the roster.

The Elks will likely be paying Bede big money, potentially the highest contract for a kicker in the CFL. It’s in their best interest to let him handle all 3 kicking duties while keeping Punter Jake Julien around on the PS in case Bede’s punting isn’t as elite as it was in 2023.

3 Likes

Maybe Faithfull will inspire the next Boris Bede to take their talents to North America. And ironically lose his job to a Frenchman in a couple of months.

3 Likes

Right on! BORRR-RIS THE SPI-DER!

3 Likes

A classic from The Who… You surprise me sometimes @Paolo_X:grinning:

It felt like last season Jones knew the kicking game might make a difference - but not enough that paying a really good kicker was worth the money.
The teams weren’t very good at all the previous season and managing coverage was more important than maximum change in field position.
Last year Teams were vastly improved, so I guess its time to up the kicking game.

I just wonder how it will work out with the little known Deontez Alexander ( the guy Grymes called “the fastest guy in the room”) and Leake.

4 Likes

Boris improves Elks enough to be the edge for one more win, and kick speedster Leake improves enough to win one extra game. So, overall Elks should be better than 4- 14.

3 Likes