Favourite Throwback Uniform?...

Thats a cool link. Though I’m a Riders fan I really like the 60-61 Lions helmet logo.

I like B.C.'s '64 replica away uniform which they wore on Edmonton earlier this year (very classy) and Montreal's, which I think they could adopt full-time, with maybe electric blue trim added instead of just white.

Been watching CFL games since mid 60s, color tv since 69. Don't recall Edmonton having the EE logo until they switched from green/gold to green/yellow. Montreal is closest, but leaves out the green piping around numbers which was extant up to '69. BC is very close also. Calgary wore the gold pants in only one year, '65 I think. Don't recall blue helmets on Winnipeg, but have seen them in films. Don't recall any logo other than wheat encircled S for Sask. Hamilton is close but as others have said the helmet was yellow. Don't recall any logo other than a large "A" for Toronto in the 60s.

I agree with those who have said they'd like to see Montreal use this as their alternate or regular jersey. I think BC's is also a vast improvement over present jersey. In fact most of the teams do not look as good since the league-wide redesign 4 or 5 years ago, particularly Calgary with its emphasis on black and Edmonton with its green pants on road. Teams need to standardize as they are starting to look like a HS program that cannot afford matching unis.

Because its fun… And that’s what we’re here for.

Yeah, I’d like to see it for the labor day “classic” and maybe one other week… maybe opening week?

I think those black Calgary unis are ugly.

its all for money folks... hoping new stuff will sell more the more people see it... i have a bad feeling after a couple years every team will be rotating like six diff uni's over the course of a season. with all these new retro days every year... enough is enough. a uniform is the symbol of your team.. the one game retro week is fine.. but not just for regular use, the bombers have used last years retro jersey too already... stick to your normal shirts boys

The Ticats had to Return the Yellow Helments Back to Riddell
There was a Problem with Them …
So They Use Black Ones for the 1st Throw Back Game.

The Yellow ones should be here for Labour Day

no doubt. i think the league saw how much gear the roughriders were selling of the retro/third jersey/uniform/logo a few years ago and cash register sounds in their head. i have yet to buy any of the retro gear mind you.

best:

1. BC. very, very sleek, classy, and professional looking. really smashmouth look.
  2. MTL. just great.
  3. (to my shagrin) :x toronto.... major points for acuracy. hate the team, but they nailed it as far as historical accuracy goes.
  4. CGY. using the numbered helmets was very distinct, the team like BC, had a professional, and smashmouth look about them.

worst:

1. WPG... good god.... when did they ever wear blue helmets with double yellow stripes? The answer is never. These uniforms are almost as horrid as Mike Kelly's interview skills. as said above; on July 18 it looked like the Tiger-Cats were playing against themselfs.
  2. HAM. my home team even.... ug... no numbers on the sides of the sleaves, wrong coloured helmets, if they are getting new ones i can only hope and pray that they get proper striping for them too. would have been #3, but the helmets were off by more than 20 years. way to honour your 63,65, & 67 GC champs. for that hamilton gets second worst retro's.
  3. SSK. the teams 'retro' uniforms worn in 2008 were almost exact replicas of the ones worn in the 60's era. shoulder stripes, hemets, everything was bang on. I have to ask, why then do you order intirely new, inaccurate jerzeys, and helmets with the wrong logo when you do an 'official' retro week league wide? as far as i know that logo with the football was only used on banners.
  4. EDM. mostly for no other reason than my complete and utter disinterest in the team. all in all, not bad, just not as good as calgary's retro's.

as other posters have stated. if you going to celebrate history and tradition, do it properly, and accurately. don't smear it mixing decades (Hamilton), and cheaping out by not buying home and away uniforms(Montreal) or just plain making things up(Winnipeg).

2-3 retro games a year is good, especially out of an 18 game schedule.

I HATE THE FACT THE PLAYERS LAST NAME IS ON THE RETRO JERSEYS.
It really takes away from watching the game. I know almost all the players but not their jersey numbers.

Edmonton's looks best by far. :cowboy:

I don't think the 'EE' ever appeared on the gold helmets...but they look pretty cool regardless.

I loved that link...walk through the past...great effort whoever that guy was.

For me I like the fact that some teams asked the CFL for approvel on adding the nameplate,while I may know most of the players #'s on the Bombers,as far as the rest of the players on other teams,I reall dont have a clue,so the nameplate helps me.

IMHO-I think the Al's ones are the best,not sure why,maybe cause I think it's 100% better then the ones they have now.The ones they normally have,are they retro in themselves?Ive never understood what they were trying to go after wearing those uni's,is there a reason they look the way they do?Some sort of history behind them?

Didn’t the EE appear the late 60s though? So it’s in the right decade at least.

Tired of the retro jersey,s. I watched a game with a few others and I know lots about my team and not so much about the others. No names on the back of the jersey makes it difficult to learn more about the teams and players. For up and coming fans - new fans to the game I imagine it would be a turn off.............. :cry:

I do like the old Rider logo.........(and Montreal's)

Eskimos, hands down!
Not just cuz I'm an Eskis fan, but the green and the actual gold go together so freakingly awesome, and the design is just simple and to the point.

I kinda like how the Al's have the wings on the helmet...would like to see their full-time helmets evolve with that...looking more stylized and modern though, of course

I was pretty annoyed by the fact that the Argos had player names on their jerseys - if you are going to go Retro, then do it right.

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but during the era that those Argo uniforms were in use, no team had player's names on their jerseys. In fact, it was the Lions that was the first team in the CFL to adopt that.

And it is ALL about the money and selling more CFL merchandising!

I'd still like to see the Alouettes show up for a game in BC wearing Stallions uniforms.

Regarding the whole retro uniform idea ...
I kinda agree with the all-or-nothing opinion.
Anything in-between is just a lame attempt at selling different jerseys.

Especially in the NBA.
If you say you're wearing retro uniforms ... then you gotta wear the short shorts !! :lol:

…disqualified in 10 words or less…