Favourite Throwback Uniform?...

What is your favourite CFL throwback Uniform and why? What is your least favourite and why?

Argos… then Montreal… then BC

Actaully, while I was watching the Saskatchewan vs Montreal game tonight I got thinking about this. Im finding that the whole throwback this is just getting annoying. I don't mind if they wear the retro jerseys once or twice a year, for special occasions etc. but the amount that most teams are wearing them is just starting to annoy me.

I agree 100% One game a year is more than enough…I dont understand this whole retro deal.

Why do they do it so much? What was todays occasion?

.....August? :lol:

:D Normally I hate when August is almost over but......

Maybe they do it more often so more fans get a chance to see the old unis. Or maybe they are selling really well so they decided to keep it going.

I like the Als uni. It's really swank. They should make it their permanent uniform.

The Eskie one is pretty nice too.

I really like the idea of a retro week every season. What I don’t like is that it seems they really weren’t prepared this year, outside of Montreal’s which look awesome.

The Riders never regularly wore their logo that they are using for retro week, in fact it may have only been used a handful of times through the 60’s, it’s not really retro if you can’t relate it to the time period it’s supposed to be in. Hamilton also wore the wrong colour helmets earlier in the year for their retro week.

If you’re going to do a retro week, do it right or don’t do it at all.

Montreal's is by far the best, but BC's is not bad. Not impressed with any of the other ones.

My theory is that throwback uniforms have to do with all of the talk about expansion. Turn the sound off on your tv, and with the different helmets and jerseys with no names on the back, you can pretend you are watching new teams.

I like my Als' retro unis. Very sleek, very classy. I'd be all for adopting that instead of our ugly-ass black third jersey.

I like the Al's cuz they sort of look like the Cardinals Uni (2nd favourite NFL team)

That's easy. Edmonton.

1. Alouettes - the closest to the actual thing and they just look cool.
  2. Lions - another close to the original design.
  3. Edmonton.

As someone else said why bother if they aren't even trying to get it right. looking at old photos and cards i don't see the roughriders with white jerseys anything like that. the greens ones with the 3 arm stripes they wore for a bit. and they never wore that logo on a helmet before. from 1960-1964 they had numbers on their helmets then from 1965-69 they had the familiar circle wheat/S logo. the logo they are using now was just for merchandise and programs and stuff. i guess the riders already have the retro thing going as there third jersey so they changed to those unknown white jersey to soak fans for more money.

the ti-cats are close but they NEVER had black helmets in the 60s.

check hear for cfl helmet history: http://www.misterhabs.com/CFL.htm

but as other people have stated the Retro game should just be for one week. two weeks tops. not all freakin season.

from what i heard, hamilton had ordered yellow helmets but they weren't properly made when they received them. I also heard that they are going to wear them sometime later on in the season. so i guess this retro thing is going to carry on. if that's the case what was the point of retro week? i think the ugliest has to be winnipegs. saw them vs ticats and it looked like hamilton was playing itself.

My favorite throwback is the Montreal uniforms, they remind me of the Arizona Cardinals, not saying its a good or bad thing. The reason for Montreal wearing them again is that it was the first chance for the home fans to see the team play in them. The previous two times Montreal was on the road. But I’ve gotta agree with the common sentiment here that the whole retro uniforms exhibition should be done once and maybe twice at most so that the each team wears them once on the road and once at home. Worst throwback uniforms are Winnipeg’s, I think they’re just ugly.

Montreal best
Winnipeg worst

i assumed that since the alouettes wore their home (red) jerseys when they played in saskatchewan earlier in the season and the riders wire their whites (not sure why that happended) that when the riders rolled into montreal they would wear their greens and the alouettes would wear their whites. we have yet to see the riders wear their home 2009 retro jerseys.

i assumed that since the alouettes wore their home (red) jerseys when they played in saskatchewan earlier in the season and the riders wire their whites (not sure why that happended) that when the riders rolled into montreal they would wear their greens and the alouettes would wear their whites. we have yet to see the riders wear their home 2009 retro jerseys.
The Roughriders are wearing the retro green jerseys for the Labour Day game. The Alouettes don't have a second set of retro jerseys (white ones), although neither does any other team besides the riders.