Favourite Flintstones episodes

I'm determined to keep this thread going. Lots of fun and no politics. Cool that you're a Trekkie. Never much of a sci-fi guy myself.

2 Likes

I don't recall anybody mentioning Mr. Slate yet. Now who hasn't had a boss like that at some point in their working career? :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Sam Slate: The Frank Stronach of rock quarries (not). How about Fred's buddy Joe Rockhead?

3 Likes

Larry Lava.

Rock Quarry.

Stony Curtis.

And who can forget Tuesday Wednesday.

4 Likes

Or was it Wednesday Tuesday?

1 Like

I've never met a former boss in person when out and about, but indeed for the ones who were like that Mr. Slate, of course I can't be the only one who would feel the urge to clobber them with a slab of slate (though of course would remain the wiser not to do so).

3 Likes

Remake of Battlestar Galactica is some of the best sci-fi I have watched in my 50+ years. No joke.

The first one was awful but the second had a stellar cast, exceptional writing, excellent special effects. Some of the story lines went to some pretty dark places in the human experience.

I lent my DVD's to some friends and they all binged on it.

3 Likes

I still love the original BattleStar Galactica. It originally had tie-ins to the "Ancient Sstronaut" theory. See the helmets of what the pilots were wearing. It had a Egyptian design

1 Like

I love the episode where Fred is talking to Barney about how, when he poked his head into Barney's house, he watched Betty undress and that Betty kept going after she spotted him.

4 Likes

Good grief. Don't remember that one!

1 Like

Aye I think he might have veered somewhere that was not the real Flintstones but did not realize it. Yikes.

1 Like

Betty was completely HOT!!!!!!! :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

3 Likes

Plus Barney drove a pointed dugout log sports car. :grinning:

2 Likes

But, Rosie O'Donnell was NOT

3 Likes

For sure I remember when that movie came out, and I had figured out enough to not bother to go see it, and wondering "Woof. What the heck did they do to Betty!"

1 Like

I heard she ate all of MR Slate's cake at his retirement .

2 Likes

I said back then. Why her? I thought Cher would've made a great Betty in the live action movie

1 Like

She certainly looked more in place as if a waitress in his quarry.

Our neighbour up at the lake used to let a "Yabba Dabba Do!" ring out from his dock when he arrived :grinning:.

1 Like

What was Gazoo's backstory, Hammer? It was something about him being sad because he couldn't back to his home planet?