Fantuz to the Ticats?

I would wait and see with Fantuz, how do we know if he will recover from his injury. He didn't look very good this season and he didn't look very good at the NFL camp.

8) If the reports are accurate that Fantuz will be asking in the $300,000 range, then you can forget about him coming to
   Hamilton.  No way Obie will pay that kind of money for him !!

As the article suggests, Fantuz is really in the $200,000 area per year.  That is a more sensible amount for him !!
    He would only even command that kind of money because of his birth certificate.

I'd sooner see use develop our own young players,I think we have some very good prospects lets give them a chance.

But he couldn't crack the practice roster on any NFL team, and he looked awful when he came back. Was it his injury? and would we be stupid to take him even if he was injured?

The Jacksonville Jaguars have auditioned 13 players, according to a leauge source with knowledge of the situation.

That included several players from the Canadian Football League, including wide receiver Andy Fantuz.

Fantuz was with the Chicago Bears during the preseason.

They also tried out CFL linebacker Solomon Elimimian, offensive lineman Jovan Olafioye and linebacker Jerrell Freeman.

[url=http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1145776&nid=5645000&fhn=1]http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127& ... 5000&fhn=1[/url]

Maybe the Argos will grab him it would be great to see him here sign him OB :thup:

Now that Jyles is the #1 in Edmonton and some quality players being released there, you have to think that Fantuz may decide that a chance to win the cup outweighs the money. Maybe Hamilton and Toronto have the best chance of landing his services because we have better QB's.What does everyone else think?

Fantuz and Stala two allstar ratio busters in the O!!! allows for more Import depth on D :thup:

Lots of good reasons to acquire Fantuz, but not at $300,000 or even $200,000 - we will probably have lots of players entering their option year next season, I would rather see those bucks spent rewarding those who have been here and played well, e.g. Knowlton, JJ, etc.

Merlin wrote:

"Lots of good reasons to acquire Fantuz, but not at $300,000 or even $200,000 - we will probably have lots of players entering their option year next season, I would rather see those bucks spent rewarding those who have been here and played well, e.g. Knowlton, JJ, etc."

Our offense could gather points and our scoring efficiency was amongst the best in the league. I agree, Merlin, other than the OL, the money should be more focused on defense where we need some FA help on the DL and secondary more urgently, perhaps a kicker.

I like Andy Fantuz, but $300,000 or even 200 thousand is too much money to focus on that one position. Heck, your starting quarterback, with Grey cup rings to boot is getting that kind of money. As I recall, even Arland Bruce wasn't being paid that amount of coin.

Sorry, but it doesn't sound reasonable to me.

Extending and locking up players is not a bad idea with Ottawa coming in the fold in 2014.

Too much money and he didn't look good at all last year.

He's more of an unknown now as we don't know where his head is at with the NFL tryout thingy not working out. Although more of a known than a prospet like Sam Giguere who has never played in the league. With SG you have no idea if he can play up to his own hype when the lights are on, real game situation at the pro level.

I'd wager, that if Giguere ever came up to try play in the CFL, he will never be as good as Fantuz.

Yeah, Captain, but I’m sure he’s already better than everyone else in his own mind.

There probably will be a GM stupid enough to overpay him for a 1+1 contract. If Tillman was willing to pay 150k for Bauman who knows what he'd pay for Fantuz :lol:

I'd wager, that if Giguere ever came up to try play in the CFL, he will never be as good as Fantuz.

Yup, agree Captain. :thup:

One reason for the increased focus on new players is that by taking on Ray’s $400,000 salary, the Argos can’t afford many more big contracts. That could mean the writing is on the wall for veteran slotback Jeremaine Copeland, who’s coming off his most disappointing year as a pro.

It also likely means the Argos won’t be going after free agents such as non-import Andy Fantuz

[url=http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/cfl/argos/article/1115735--argos-hope-to-snare-better-receivers]http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/ ... -receivers[/url]

Except that Giguere is also a kick returner. He did play in a few NFL games as a kick returner as well as a receiver.

Obligatory snicker about the nature of the return game in the NFL. However, the final of the Niners-Saints game looked like old-time CFL gunslinging.