Fantuz a Ticat!

It's been a very exciting off-season in TigerTown to date, and we've got even more good news for you: we're bringing Andy Fantuz home.
Andy is one of the league's premier receivers in the prime of his career, so we're obviously very excited to add him to our (already very talented) offence. Ticats.ca will have more details about this signing soon, but I wanted our biggest fans to be the first to know.
It's another great day to be a Tiger-Cats fan!

Season ticket holder email from Bob Young..

BOOM!

Just got the email

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantustic! :thup:

Now to shore up the Oline and we may very well have the most explosive offense in the league!

2012 The year of the Cat.

“I'm coming home.

After a very difficult deliberation process, the opportunity to play for my local team,

in front of family and friends, was impossible to refuse.

[url=http://www.ticats.ca/article/ticats-bring-andy-fantuz-home]http://www.ticats.ca/article/ticats-bri ... antuz-home[/url]

"The opportunity to acquire a talent like Andy Fantuz in the prime of his career doesn’t happen very often.

It’s great news for our players and our fans in Tigertown and I know Coach Cortez is excited to get Andy on the field

with our already talented group of players on offence," commented vice president of football operations Bob O’Billovich.

Yahoo! Henry Burris can beat d-backs by throwing to 2 sticky-fingrered veteran Canadians. Andy for the high balls.

Great news. Now let's get Medlock back under contract and bring in a few more pieces of the puzzle.

If anyone needs me I'm off to riderfans.com lol

Welcome home, Andy. We look forward to many good years and accomplishments - namely Grey Cup 100.

Oskie Wee Wee!

This is awersome news, huge signing WTG Obie!!

Banshee broke this news before anyone else, Drew Edwards better watch out.

LOL after this week I might be looking for a new career...

Welcome to Hamilton, Andy. Much success to you and all your teammates. Let's go win Grey Cup #100.

I especially like the statement below:

It works in both directions... having Stala and Fantuz in Hamilton more than makes up for Rottier going to Alberta and Giguere preferring to play in Montreal. Best of luck to all of them, but especially to our guys!

Rider fans seem to be taking the news surprisingly well over on the forums...

They win some/lose some when it comes to hometown players...

TSN has it up now...

http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=388072
Canadian slotback Andy Fantuz, signed a four-year deal with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Friday.

"I'm coming home. After a very difficult deliberation process, the opportunity to play for my local team, in front of family and friends, was impossible to refuse," said Fantuz in a statement. "While Rider Pride will always be a part of me, it's time to head to Tigertown. Hamilton has a great tradition of football excellence and I am thrilled be a part of a team that will immediately challenge for a Grey Cup. I look forward to getting to know my new teammates and representing the Tiger-Cats in Southwestern Ontario. Oskee-wee-wee!"

Fantuz had a disappointing 2011, spending half the season trying to make it in the NFL before returning to the Saskatchewan Roughriders only to be hobbled by an ankle sprain.

However, the 28-year-old is just one year removed from leading the CFL with 1,380 yards receiving yards on 87 catches.

"Strange to feel heart broken and thrilled at the same time. Love you forever #Ridernation! Western Ontario I'm coming HOME!" Fantuz announced on his twitter account, @andyfantuz

In six seasons with the Roughriders, Fantuz caught 289 passess for 4,311 yards and 23 touchdowns.

The Chatham, ON native returns to southern Ontario after enjoying an outstanding career at Western University (formerly University of Western Ontario) in London.

Merchandise sales just went way up, with newly designed jerseys and the acquisition of #83 for 4 years! :thup:

I was pleasantly surprised by that. Most of them realized they would be hypocrites to bash Andy after Signing Labatte for the same reason.

I'm happy to see Fantuz here.... BUT the battle is won in the trenches. Room for another NI on the O-Line?

It works in both directions... having Stala and Fantuz in Hamilton more than makes up for Rottier going to Alberta and Giguere preferring to play in Montreal

true enough steve.
Obie should have no reservations trading Giguere to Montreal now to fill a few holes...unless Stala isn't in the picture scheme.

Nice! :thup: :thup: :thup:

With Fantuz now it makes resigning Matt Carter less a priority. We have excellent recievers in Stala, Fantuz, Grant, Williams, Kelley and Mallet out of the backfield. Now lets shore up the O-Line so Burris can get the ball in these hands.

6ft. 4", 220lbs. of home town Canadian receiver, 2010 CFL Most Outstanding Canadian with over 1300 receiving yards.
A BIG experienced target for Hank to throw to.
A ratio buster!
Welcome home Andy!! :thup: