FANS

Earl- THANK YOU FOR MAKING THAT COMMENT! finally sumone that agrees with me lol, see thats wut I said if u dont like it than go watch MLB or the PGA lol thanks again

I never thought I'd see flaming sharks circling...

Have to admit I didn't read all the posts ticatsyear but you are definitely correct, fans who want that nice little quiet pansy hearing a little ball ping off a bat or club can attend a baseball game or golf game.
Right on man! It's football for gods sake people, hitting, crunching, tackling etc. No need to be rude but this sport ain't ping pong or baseball or golf. And have you seen NFL games where Americans really get into it down there, no one sits for almost the whole game in some parks I've noticed.

I also attended games in the past where there only was 15,000 people and yes it was fun and loud. However, I will take our current situation with many fans in the stadium any day. This is the only way our team can grow and be competitive in the CFL. It is up to us (fans that know exactly when to yell) to get others involved. ie last play in first half. It is also up to us to make sure that other fans stay happy so that they come back to games to supply ownership with income needed to get the best players. Just my thoughts...

Earl:

I'm not certain that your comments on making noise at the games were in reference to anything I've posted on this thread, or not,
but for the record, this is what I said on my first post:

To reiterate my comments, I'm all for the idea of making noise to suport our team, I'm merely sugesting that we consider those whose view we block when we rise to our feet.
There is a right time to do this, for sure, but not when there is little or nothing to cheer about.

I've attended NFL games all over the US, and I guess my experiences have been different from yours, in that I have found MOST American football fans to be reasonably courteous.

Has anyone else noticed that, at every professional sporting event you attend, there is one guy, about 25 years old, sitting five or six rows from the front, that stands up for ten fifteen minutes at a time facing toward the stands and away from the field/ice/court/diamond talking on his cell phone?

The best thing to do if someone stands up in front of you would be to stand up yourself. Due to the incline of the seats there is a good chance you will see over that person. The person behind you will have to do the same. etc.. Good way to get everyone standing and cheering. Very simple concept to keep the atmosphere alive.

:lol: So true. What is the matte with these people.

Personally I believe that the sound system has resulted in the fans being quiet. It's late in the game, Hamilton is winning, Calgary has the ball in their own end, Hitchcock is waving his arms to get the fans to start making noise. The TigerVision shows "Let's make some noise". The people around me start the cheer "De-fense","De-fense"... You know the one where you start cheering it faster and louder until the ball is snapped? BUT, the DJ starts playing his canned "De-fense..,De-fense". It has a completely different cadence (much slower and constant) than what you want to cheer. You get confused, should you be yelling along with the sound system (which is too slow) or do you, in a futile attempt, try to yell louder than the sound system? What eventually happens is that you give up. You stop cheering or yelling and let the sound system do it for you. You sit down, you stew a little and get more irritated everytime that you can't here a penalty call because the music is playing. Then, after all fo that, you get the ultimate insult, "Why are you so quiet". You know that you can't yell back because either the next song has already started playing or what you say would get you kicked out of the stadium.

Please, please, please let the fans have the stadium back. Let them be heard, be it good or bad. Wouldn't it be nice for a one game trial to have no artificial sound (other than announcements and advertising that pay the bills)? I believe that the fans will start enjoying themselves more and start making the noise that most people want.

rocky123 wrote:

To reiterate my comments, I'm all for the idea of making noise to suport our team, I'm merely sugesting that we consider those whose view we block when we rise to our feet. There is a right time to do this, for sure, but not when there is little or nothing to cheer about.

I've attended NFL games all over the US, and I guess my experiences have been different from yours, in that I have found MOST American football fans to be reasonably courteous.

I agree with what you are saying rocky. And yes, it would be discourteous for people to stand the whole game or for people to stand longer than for what the situation should allow for. I may have gone overboard in my comments to just try and say to people it's ok to stand for 30 seconds and cheer for a good play and sometimes, yes sometimes, stand before a play for a potentially huge play coming up. Now yes, that may not be courteous but what do you do if everyone is excited say about us stopping the opposing team on offense on a big play here and there? And don't tell me you don't see this in the NFL or college there on TV, you know darn well that this happens a lot. Maybe it affects a few but I think if you can make it up the stairs to your seats, you can stand here and there for a big play, heck, in baseball, people stretch between innings and get up. If you can't stand then you couldn't have gotten to your seat in the first place and then maybe you are in the wheelchair section perhaps.

Good post Earl:

We're definitely on the same wave length. Not only do I agree with your assessment of the situation, I live by it. ie: Stand and cheer like hell as warranted by the situation on the field but know when to sit down too.

I wouldn't dream of telling you that the same activity doesn't go on in American football, I mereily said that in GENERAL, they are courteous.