FANS

Indeed it can.

Oski Wee Wee,

FYI, when Monteal intentionally took those procedure penalties before giving up a safety last week, it was a completely different situation. (When Winnipeg did that several times last year the play became known as the “Wade Miller special” because he was always the one to go offside.)

They were doing it to use up as much clock as possible. Because after a Time Count Violation, the clock won’t start until the snap. But after an offside or illegal procedure, it starts on the ready-for-play signal.
However, after 2 consecutive pre-snap penalties by the offence, the clock then starts on the snap, so they can’t just keep doing it to kill time.

rocky123 wrote

Yell and scream all you want and feel free to MOMENTARILY stand to cheer or jeer throughout the game, but be aware that the folks behind you paid for a seat and for one reason or another may not be able to stand as often or as long as you. Try to be considerate of those around you.

Thanks for expressing this point so nicely, rocky123.

I hope some posters may see the good sense behind what you said.

The veins were starting to pop out in my neck from reading those posts
from the supporters of totally selfish crowd who believe that

"You should be able to stand whenever you like"

There are times when everybody stands up
[such as for game deciding field goal.]

When you jump up and for every good play, the truth is
you can't see any better or yell any louder standing up

but what you do accomplish is blocking other fans from seeing the play.

I know that the types of people who do this often don't care
but I just felt like pointing it out, too.

Im not disputing that Ron, I get peeved when people dont wait until the play is over to leave or come back to their seats. I just wish that fans are a bit more educated on cheering at certain situations during the games. When the defense is waving their arms for us to get up and cheer it can be an opposing sight when we are right on top of the opposing team with the proximity to the field.

I cheer, yell, stand (when the situation warrants it) and have lost my voice during the games. I am also respectful of the others around me and enjoy the banter between some of the opposing players (Ivory comes to mind) and the fans.

You have got to be kidding me?!?!?! I love wut Bob Young has done to the game day experience, but on the other hand i kind of dont. There's not enuf True fans liek the ones that showed up when we had 15,000 ppl a game, now half the crowd r juz families that sit and do there lil 2 claps and yell YAY when we score a touchdown!!! Me and along with a few other ppl were tjhe only ones 2 stand up when we scored the 1st TD, and when Vaughn broke the record it was disgusting. Than whalf way through the last play of the 1st half i jump up, and after the play the ppl r like can u plz stay low, yet they were perfectly young cpl, well if u dont like ppl yelling, and jumping and cheering than dont come go watch the PGA thats more ur sport, its part of the experience, look in the NFL they practically dont sit down in some stadiums, so point is theres not enuf true fans out there, so there4 im not gonan stay sitting or quite down juz cuz the other ppl r 2 lazy 2 cheer or w/e the reason! Oskee Wee Wee

This thread slipped off topic.
Might as well dump it.

Sarcasm at its finest!

Ticatsyear2006:

Let me make sure I have your instructions straight:
We should all stand up and make complete asses of ourselves regardless of whats happening on the field or whose view we obstruct in the seats behind us, etc, etc, ad infinitum.

Judging from your exquisite command of the English language, I presume we should all learn to write and speak as you do as well. This, no doubt would make us "Perfect Football Fans", whereby it would behoove us to carry on and act as you do at every game.
Thanks very much for your unique insight!

You have got to be kidding me?!?!?! I love wut Bob Young has done to the game day experience, but on the other hand i kind of dont. There's not enuf True fans liek the ones that showed up when we had 15,000 ppl a game, now half the crowd r juz families that sit and do there lil 2 claps and yell YAY when we score a touchdown!!! Me and along with a few other ppl were tjhe only ones 2 stand up when we scored the 1st TD, and when Vaughn broke the record it was disgusting. Than whalf way through the last play of the 1st half i jump up, and after the play the ppl r like can u plz stay low, yet they were perfectly young cpl, well if u dont like ppl yelling, and jumping and cheering than dont come go watch the PGA thats more ur sport, its part of the experience, look in the NFL they practically dont sit down in some stadiums, so point is theres not enuf true fans out there, so there4 im not gonan stay sitting or quite down juz cuz the other ppl r 2 lazy 2 cheer or w/e the reason! Oskee Wee Wee

Rocky123: Yes you have my instructions right. How is standing up and cheering making an as of urself? u must be one of those older classy fans that just sit on ur ass all game and never stand up and cheer, grow up alrite its part of the game U CHEER and if u dont lile it as i said dont go 2 the games than, u dont stand up at netime, but when the timing is right such as defence, big plays, bs calls w/e u can stand and cheer or yell w.e, and yea obvi if theres elderly ppl behind u than ur gonna watch how loing ur standing 4 but u can sitll stand!

By the way thanks for noticing my english grammar, I forgot this must be english class and i ahve 2 write everything perfectly?! Please lmao its a football site its called short form, and i wish there were more fans than me than it mite actually b funner going 2 games and make a real atmosphere! Get real and stop ur complaining! Thanks

[quote=“rocky123”]Ticatsyear2006:

Let me make sure I have your instructions straight:
We should all stand up and make complete asses of ourselves regardless of whats happening on the field or whose view we obstruct in the seats behind us, etc, etc, ad infinitum.

Judging from your exquisite command of the English language, I presume we should all learn to write and speak as you do as well. This, no doubt would make us “Perfect Football Fans”, whereby it would behoove us to carry on and act as you do at every game.
Thanks very much for your unique insight!

rocky123, I must admit I am a little surprised by your surrepticious criticism of another poster's use of the English language. Put your self in his shoes for a moment. How would you feel, finding yourself in a strange country surrounded by people who not only don't speak your language, but make no attempt to adapt to it. Let's try to make these people feel more at home by showing we can adjust.

4 1 moment try 2 tok their tok. U may find u can 4get ur 1st language and njoy sumthin diffrunt.

What do you say, buddy? Tough as it may be at first, we just may be on to something here!

Hey Moderators:

I notice you nipped this thread in the bud. Not to worry though as I wasn't about to have any more to do with this
very knowledgeable fan.

His writing clearly depicts his unparallelled expertise.

Moderators:

Forget my last post. I just found the topic relocated.
Wilf:
ur absolootly cerrect. Problm is, I unnerstan Chyneez mor'n I du this genelman.

The only way to get some people to see that it it is wrong to block other people's view

is to have several inconsiderate bozzos like themselves buy seats in front of them
and have them stand up and cheer as often as they want for the entire football game
whenever the spirit moves them however inconsequential the play at the time is.

sure it can be declined just like offside

I love tonfromtigertown's idea!

The only way to get some people to see that it it is wrong to block other people's view

is to have several inconsiderate bozzos like themselves buy seats in front of them
and have them stand up and cheer as often as they want for the entire whole game
whenever the spirit moves them however inconsequential the play at the time is.

Ticatsyear2006:

By the way thanks for noticing my english grammar, I forgot this must be english class and i ahve 2 write everything perfectly?!

Hell, buddy, it would be nice if you got anything perfect!

Rocky123: Well its nice to see you agree with Ronfromtigerstown (by the way if we're being picky u put TONfromtigerstown way 2 spell u moron) newayz but i could care less if a bunch of bozos stood infront of me whenever they wanted during they game to CHEER cuz i would just join them lol, so like I said if u dont want people standing and cheering dont go to the game, hell u'd never be able 2 go to an NFL game cuz they stand almost all game and u'd look like the retard just sitting there, becuz those r real fans out there, unless half the people at the games liketo urself who obviously has somthin against cheering!

By the way whats that supposed mean it would be nice if I got anything perfect? As i said i can type how I want, I can say what I want, and if you have a problem with me than come to section 30 and we can fix things there cuz u seem to have a problem with me, so u can keep thinkin that ur the shit or somthing lol, look this is a fotoball chat we have the right 2 say what we want, so mind ur own business and dont single people out with there own comments aiight Peaceeee

Oskee Wee Wee!!!

It's very obvious that a lot of our "new" fans are coming back after years of going down the QEW and going to that most exciting sport of all, watching Blue Jays games where it is required that you be polite and very quiet so as not to disturb anyone.
But in time they will realize that they are now at a football game, where it's ok to cheer loud when people get crunched and hit. It will take them a while to realize they are now watching live a real sport, it'll just take a bit of time me thinks.

By the way buddy I thot u werent gonna have nething more 2 do with me “this very knowledgable fan” , and my writing cealarly wut?! Shit eh who knew using slang meant u werent knowledgable and that it shows my unparalleded expertise?! lmao bro ur a joke juz shut up

GO CATS GO lets pass the Arrgooss this week in the standings