Fans of De'Andre Cobb will be sad

No more cornheads. It's only been 12 years that he's been gone from us (a.k.a. 'released') but we still remember.... always. (And still no corn-on-the-cob at the concession stands.)

2 Likes

He also signed with the Als the season after Hamilton released him, but he didn't make the final roster. He was a great RB IMO.

If I'm not mistaken did we not cut him after b2b 1000 yd seasons after we signed Avon Cobourne in FA ?

Cobb was by the way the last time this team actually had an 1000 yd rusher on the season . Hard to believe with our lack of attention to the running game nowadays ever having a 1000 yd rusher let alone one in b2b seasons .

3 Likes

What about CJ Gable?

Trade in the cobb head for the chicken wing.
Not sure if this is a chicken wing hat or GARFIELD sleeping??

1 Like

The best CJ could do here was an 782 yd season in his rookie year of 2013 .
He did however achieve 1000 yds twice and b2b but it was not until he was traded to the Eskimos in 2018 / 2019 .

1 Like

Chicken wing? Looks like 'The Thing' is ready to punch.

2 Likes

And like Cobb Gable was released after B2B 1000+ yard seasons he had in Edmonton.

1 Like

I honestly can't remember if he was released by the Eskimos or if he retired .
I seem to recall something about an opportunity to join the fire department or something to that effect . I of course could be wrong on this because it seems like a lot of players make fire fighting their career when they hang up their cleats . I could very easily be getting him mixed up with some other player .

What I do know though is that he did sign a one day contract to retire as a Ti-Cat last season in 2021 .

2 Likes

Maybe you're right about him retiring instead of being cut. I can't remember exactly. But he was always beat up and injured in Hamilton, so after two 1000 yard season in Edmonton I'm sure his body had enough.

And yes, lots of players retire as firefighters. Sandy Beveridge was another.

Mike Filer is another recent retiree who is now a firefighter in Fredericton . Here he is with some of his new team mates .

3 Likes

Coaching high school football (I think in LA). Favourite back of the last decade.

2 Likes

We'll never have a 1000 yard rusher as long as Condell is OC. Cobb must have been prior to Condell.
Condell's system needs superior recievers and a QB that can take the pressure to throw a lot.
Last few games balanced attacked is an anamoly.

Long prior. 2010