fans & media in Calgary

I hope the fans & media in Calgary that wanted dunnigan out are happy. At least with dunnigan there was some hope for the future. ( defence solid, offence coming around). With this new regime i don't see any hope for the future. Offence is brutal, higgins gutted the secondary which was awful tonite, & now we have an overated recycled head coach. The media in calgary better give higgins & barker the same treatment they gave dunnigan. Last year the players at least showed up & were competitve for most of the games, this year it just looks like their going through the motions. I hope everyone is happy because this team isn't any better than it was last year. I hope i'm wrong but they will have to turn it around a whole bunch before i will be a believer.

:(

lol, i bet yuor ankles hurt for tht bandwagon jumping theese stamps fans are doing

...........your opinion is respected, but you're out of your mind.............Dunnigan was WAY in over his head...........you got to have patience dude...........

.........ah geez, I see RnR has brought his travelling hillbilly show in here too........

What does Billy Powers have to say?

........oh, he'll probably be complaining the delay made us cold, therefore the 30 points were unfair, who knows.........

LOL

..........seriously, I mean every team has their homer announcer........I was listening to the guy that calls the EE games a couple of weeks ago and thought to myself, yikes talk about being biased..........then I thought BP is pretty much the same, if not worse........

Billy is a much worse homer than Brian Hall. Brian braggs about how great everything about Edmonton is, but he doesn’t whine and make excuses when things go bad for EE.

.......actually, that's exactly what I meant.........you hit it on the head perfectly.......

burris was a big mistake for you guys. khari was a much better qb.

Does every thread on this forum have to include Burris?

..........yes, it was part of his contract.........

lol, but seriously when you are making the money that Burris is making in the CFL. You had better be ready for heavy critism if you don't produce, and until he does the critisim will continue. I know this sounds strange but in a way it is part of his contract. In every sport the big payed players always get heavily critisized, if they don't produce. It is know different in the CFL.

.......I guess its a hidden clause.

........and believe me, he is coming under some heavy fire from the media here in town, but he is taking it well........Higgins has a history of sitting a starter sometimes and letting number two have a shot and when questioned about it yesterday Hank made if very clear he is trying to avoid that 'nightmare' as he called it at all costs.........if he doesn't absolutely wow the powers that be I wouldn't be surprised to see Gesser get all the reps he can handle leading up to the game in BC.........

So what you are saying is that if Henry can't beat Saskatchewan, who can he beat? :slight_smile:

......nice try smartbutt but that's the CFL for ya, winner one week loser the next winner the week after........

R&W You better hope the Stamps get things turned around and beat the Riders, or it'll be one week of hell for you as the Riders posters will be all over you next week.

What have the "Media Experts" come up with? Joffrey Reynolds was a nice surprise, The O-line looks okay, Lewis and Rambo have been fun to watch. Is it just Burris and Copeland that need to step up?

Stamps98, we are in a much, much better position right now than we were at any point last year ... the offence always takes a lot longer to come around than the defence. And our defence is still solid - yes, the secondary has had its changes, but dumping off Lysack last year (a move by Dunigan) did not help. Our front 7 is second to none. Denny Creehan is a defensive guru, and is being groomed for head coach, no doubt. I wish we'd see more of Reynolds, and I wish Burris and Copeland would step it up. Give it time ... we may not be as good as (optimistically) hoped, but we'll be better.

That circus last year also cost the Stamps Joe Fleming. When DMax and Fleming were together they were awesome. Still have that great group of linebackers but you don't replace guys like Joe Fleming easily.