Fajardo not starting

I guess I deserved that :grinning:

Itā€™s 13 Menonthefield Avenue . :rofl:

5 Likes

Both Craig Dickenson and Cody Fajardo are almost certainly done in Saskatchewan. Should Mason Fine not impress this week, I would expect it will be Jake Dolegala taking most of the snaps in their finale.

2 Likes

I like you, you make laff :joy:

1 Like

Fajardo had all the talent given to him , outstanding receivers that were quick off the line , running back and full back that were better than most
O-line does stink , but Fajardo should have used his ability to get the ball quickly to his players , 3rd game in , the Rider management and fans knew trouble was on the horizon
Fajardo canā€™t expect to be standing still 3 seconds in the pocket after taking the snap
The guy canā€™t read a inside linebacker blitz , but he has heart .

Rider management need to go from Reynoldsā€™s down , the last 3 years have seen the fan base dwindling, this group canā€™t fix their mess , if they arenā€™t dumped - next year will be a disaster- for tv ratings , seats in the stands and players signing elsewhere

1 Like

I don't see in anyway this could be viewed as a "spark". This is putting up a hail mary with the white towel in the other hand ready to throw if the miracle doesn't happen. I shake my head, Fine as a spark? For most of the season Fajardo played on one leg, yet the coaches never put Fine in at that time. They had more confidence in a one legged QB than the QB with the spark.

Fajardo was never a great passer, he was good though. His strength was that he was mobile, and had good escapability. We saw this prior to covid. We also saw what he could do with a half decent Oline. Last year was a shortened season with minimal prep time. Oline showed it wasn't great last year.
This year the Oline, with pretty much no changes, let Fajardo down. Yes, at times he doesn't stay in the pocket long enough, but as the season wore on, the guy was clearly shell shocked. The way he played, it was like he didn't think he would have the ball for a second before the 3 man rush would be on him. Hard to pass with no time and 9 players dropping back into coverage.

Its bad in Sask, the sports radio call ins have all the geniuses stating he was garbage and they should get Bo. Can you imagine Bo and his lack of mobility and questionable arm due to past injuries standing behind this Oline.
The only help Farjardo got this year were from the RB's. The receivering core seemed to have a lot of promise, but other than Moore when he returned, every receiver let him down.

Not that it would happen now, but I would offer a 1 yr prove me right contract with Fajardo, probably at reduced cost and go out and build an Oline. 2-4 new Olineman. New Oline coach as well.

Also, the defence crashed and burned this last part of the season. The Dline struggles to get much pressure on the QB anymore and RB's seem to have good games against them.

6 Likes

Excellent summary prairiewolf77 and I agree with all of it. Rider fans who think BLM is the answer might be in for a surprise.

Nothing like kicking a man when he's down, thought 3Down was classier than that.

End of a love affair: Rider Nation's breakup letter to Cody Fajardo - 3DownNation

I donā€™t see anything wrong with the riders prep this week for the big game

4 Likes

Agree blm is done, why would you waste another year or 2 bringing in a washed up q,b. Heā€™s bot coming here. Heā€™s going into the t.v. Panel. Why would he come here when he has Banff and jasper out his back door, really?

Yeah, the riders are such a classy organization.

This had nothing to do with the Ridersā€¦ it was a 3Down Nation story he was talking about

4 Likes

when you tell his mom and dad

2 Likes

Canā€™t say that classy is a word Iā€™ve ever associated with 3DN. And I doubt thisā€™ll be the only classless article they post on the subjectā€¦ Typically they donā€™t let up until theyā€™ve picked the bones clean.

1 Like

Well reality says - the Riders need to do something there. Too many penalties, too many sacks, way too many drives ending on second down's.

Whatever is going on it's obvious what their offence needs to do to succeed. Quick passing game fixes a lot. I'm betting that hasn't gone unnoticed by his coaches and OC.
My guess is he's been going rouge far too much this year and not following the game plan so this is the "you are a free agent don't expect an offer" moment.

This is the first one that mildly ticked me off, but I havenā€™t followed them for all that long. I actually thought for the longest time they were an Ottawa fan site (the red & black logo I guess). Iā€™ll be starting to pay more attention as to who writes what over there. Strike one, Mr. Brendan McGuire.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t give Maas enough credit to assume he has noticed this, no.

MBT leads the league in passing yards so not likely

Fajardo is obviously done with Sask and his comments in the media suggest this. Going back to last season when he broke down on camera after the WF loss.

Its too bad because I actually donā€™t mind him but heā€™s let his emotions get to him imoā€¦ with our luck he will go elsewhere and be MOP just like Collaros.

2 Likes

I have noticed he tends to out-drop his line quite often. Not sure whos to blame there but if your line thinks you are taking a 3 step drop and you take a 5 it can throw off protection

1 Like