Fajardo not starting

Fine starting at home to CGY

3 Likes

The old "it's not you, it's me" line, eh?

Its Not You Its Me GIFs | Tenor

6 Likes

Visibly upset & I don't blame him. I don't agree with this decision & feel this 'spark' Dickenson is looking for could possibly burn him. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, isn't it? Sometimes when you shake things up all you end up with is a mess. We'll see.

1 Like

I doubt that both Dickenson and Fajardo will return with the Riders, next season. One of these 2 won't return, so I think.

Richard

5 Likes

Fajardo is not a perfect CFL QB, but other than Collaros & possibly Rourke, who is? So you find a way of making it work. He had no o-line, injured receivers, and battled a knee issue early in the season. I doubt another QB would have done much better under the circumstances.

I would certainly take Fajardo on the Alouettes.

9 Likes

Happens in sports all the time... Coaches or QBs get kicked out of plane while it is flight... Sometimes they are at fault sometimes they are not. Sometime they have a parachute sometime they don't

2 Likes

Sort of like it has nothing to do with you and you’re a fine person and will make a great husband for someone (else).

I think this move will likely mean that Fajardo moves to another team next year as a free agent.

2 Likes

Break to him gently

2 Likes

I think Cody made a mistake here by talking to the media before he really had a chance to settle himself down. Clearly emotionally driven, he should have taken a bit more time. Is it really the end for him in Sask or is he over-reacting? He's definitely not done with the league, even he should see that. I'd swap both VA & Pipkin for him right now (trading deadline be damned). To be continued....

2 Likes

Everyone and their uncle knows what’s wrong with our offense. Fajardo plays his guts out all season – a lot of it injured – and they scapegoat HIM?
Thinking Fine will play any better behind our crap o-line is laughable.

6 Likes

Of course it is not a performance issue, they want to see if they can trade him for anything (not likely as he will be a free agent soon) and do not want to risk him getting hurt while taking multiple sacks over the next two games, and the Rider QB will as there are NO quality O-linemen in front to protect.

1 Like

I hope the Riders will do the decent and honourable thing, since they have no intentions of resigning him, and release him immediately on the conclusion of their season next week. Let him start talking to other interested parties.

2 Likes

I could be wrong, but to me the only interested parties in the services of Cody Fajardo for 2023 and beyond are Montréal and possibly Toronto. I would not mind seing him with Montréal.

Richard

2 Likes

Looks like the Rider ship is taking on lots of water and Dickenson is bailing it out with a thimble. The smart Rider fans know the O-line is brutal but the really stupid ones (lots on Riderfans.com) will blame the quarterback.

6 Likes

If sales of manure go up in Regina…who’s front lawn gets the gift?

2 Likes

What's your address?:smiley:

I'm not a Fajardo hater, I think he is perfectly serviceable behind a decent oline. BUT if Fajardo is wondering why he isn't starting, he needs to hear himself say this quote:

However, the move was still a tough pill to swallow for Fajardo.

“When you’re the captain of a ship and it’s going down, you want to go down with it. That’s the only thing that’s unfortunate is I’m not going to be able to be out there with my guys to finish out their year. It’s tough, but I’m going to be there to support Mason,” said Fajardo.

So basically he went on record saying his team can't win, and he wishes he could be out there sucking with the rest of them. Not exactly confidence-inspiring leadership. Quotes like that will keep him on the bench for a long, long time.

1 Like

What his GM/Coach need to realize is the USFL will likely return next year & the USFL start in 23. That’s at least 16 teams need QB’s if he’s a FA, there will be competition for him from South of the Border

1 Like

Hamilton wins at least one of their final two games. No way Sask beats Calgary twice with either QB.

Might as well see what they have in Fine.

3 Likes

Really, if they were going to put anyone else in I think jake would be better. Fine will get sacked continuously. Bad move, Sask needs a smart q.b. To be the next gm. No more o-linemen running the team, who can’t even build an o-line. By by reynolds. Reynolds really needs to go, he has no clue who to hire to run the team, he’s not a football guy. He’s an office guy. Let’s get football people running the football team, they can hire an office guy to do the office work. Get it. Football-football guy. Office work, - office guy. Seems pretty straight forward to me.