Fajardo commands offence in win over Lions

Riders are going to blow Bombers out of the stadium this coming Sunday

A dirty hit------Riding the QB down and jamming your shoulder into him is like WWF not football. Sankey will be fined and as to the team–I could care less about the team but the riders do seem to have this down pat!

I do hope that happens but realistically … Nope not freaking chance

2 Likes

Fajardo probably had his best game of his season last weekend and perhaps he’s just getting started who knows. It’s also fair to mention Regina always plays Winnipeg hard on LD weekend year after year and usually a gooder. Also fair to say the Bombers are missing a few top dogs while Regina seams to be on the mend

But a blowout, probably not, moreover, I hope not. I’d be happy with a hard fought game with several lead changes, A clean game where the team who plays better wins. I hope that team is Winnipeg but we will see, that’s the beauty of live football.

5 Likes

I think a fine’s inevitable, but moving on won’t be easy. Thanks to the tone set by Marino – and management’s foolish decision to keep him – the Riders’ D will be increasingly scrutinized.
Karma’s kind of a bitch that way.

4 Likes

Can’t speak for anyone else, but yes, I would. If he had a history of dirty hits, I would not. (Say Marino, for example)

1 Like

Yea and the riders are the only team to ever be in the same situation ever in the CFL or pro sports for that matter… Wally B kept guys on the roster even when during a game one of his players chokes out a player on the field after a play was over… Don’t be so freaking sanctimonious just because your team is in between asshats like this… It comes with the territory and these guys come around from time to time on EVERY TEAM… Post directed at the haters that use it to paint the entire team and all the fan base as loving the guy who did this

Just watching the game, and TSN has the half-time interview with the SSK player. Player says something like, “It starts with the O-line, and they’re playing phenomal.” Dude, BC has three sacks.

And then first series of the half, SSK are on offence. Two plays, they get a first down, and then Fajardo gets sacked twice in a row.

If that’s phenomal play, I wouldn’t want to be the QB when they’re playing lousy :smiley: .

3 Likes

They’ve certainly set expectations low.

2 Likes

I don’t think there was anything malicious about the hit. Sankey has no history of dirty play and it is a new rule. I look at it this way, if you drove a car with the gas and brake pedal switched around chances are you are going to hit the brake when you meant to press the gas and vice versa. Things happen so fast on the football field that a lot of actions are just muscle memory.

3 Likes

You’d prefer he says “yeah, the O line really sucks. They’re not doing anything today”? That’ll make him popular in the locker room.

Good point, but still... phenomenal?

2 Likes

I prefer old time football. If the offence can’t block for the QB and a D-player has an open shot at him…

It is also not the gladiator arena of Ancient Rome either…there is a line that should not be crossed. The game has hard enough hits without intent to injure even then WHY do think those hits are so freaking hard as it stands. Why do you think head shots to ANY player have been banned? they used be part of the game too. Do you recall that NFL team whose players said the coaching the staff was doling out bonus money for how badly they hurt opposing players and for how long they were out. Doubtful that was an isolated incident but more so the one team that got caught,

2 Likes

Oh… yeah, I do remember that. It caused quite an uproar down south. As it should… bounties are NOT cool!

Unfortunately, I think you may be right in that it probably wasn’t limited to one team.

1 Like

Agreed, there is NO room for head shots or intent to injure

2 Likes

FYI, he wasn’t specifically asked about the O line, so he didn’t have to mention them at all.

1 Like

Sankey post-practice Wednesday… This guy’s no dirty player:

2 Likes