Faith in Coach Taaffe

First off I’d just like to state my total faith in Coach Taaffe. He comes to Hamilton with a very impressive background in football. Also being a offensive coach and QB mentor leads me to believe he is the best capable person to judge Jason Maas. Hopefully Maas will come around and play back to his old form when he was with the Eskies. If or when a change at QB has to be made, I trust Coach Taaffe will make the right decision. :cowboy:

First off I'd just like to state my total faith in Coach Taaffe. He comes to Hamilton with a very impressive background in football. Also being a offensive coach and QB mentor leads me to believe he is the best capable person to judge Jason Maas. Hopefully Maas will come around and play back to his old form when he was with the Eskies. If or when a change at QB has to be made, I trust Coach Taaffe will make the right decision.
great post! couldn't agree more Buckwheat.

At least one coach is knowledgeable about the Canadian Game. Spec.teams coach is ok as well.
Defensively is another question. Once the DC learns to defend the pass first and run second things should get better... I hope.

In Calgary the LB's were playing too close to the line for the most part. That left the middle area in front of the DB's open most of the night. Thus the many 2nd and long conversions by Calgary.
Also, with the LB's too close to the line it allowed Burris to break away easier because the containment was not there.
I am sure this will be seen on film by the coaching staff and adjustments made.

The only thing that concerns me about Coach Taafee was his interview in the middle of Saturday's game. He seemed to have a lot of cynicism in his tone while he was being interviewed. I kept thinking, "Come on dude!" "It's the first game of the season and you've only played one half of football!" You would've thought it was September and the Ticats were in last place. Desjardins seemed all bummed out as well.

There have been a bunch of changes this season. They just need to relax a little and let this system kick in. I personally have faith that it will. :thup:

To be honest, I have no idea how coaches, players, admin people can deal with the pressure, especially now in the online world where every Tom, Dick and Harry (and Borehamgirl :wink: ) can say what must be done.

And this is in Hamilton with the CFL for pete sakes? What about New York with Giants and Jets and more media people that what there are fans here? Yikes, enough to make you go bonkers if you don't have your head screwed on tightly.

You think football is bad... try being a Leaf, and having to go to the media scrum.

If any body can do this it is Taafe!!!

I Have faith Taaffe knows the politics of the football business. No freshly hired head coach is crazy enough to come to a new team and immediately pull the plug on the teams only experienced QB in favour of 2 CFL inexperienced young guns. Maas is going to start, whether Cats win or lose. He'll start until Taaffe gets his ducks in good order to fight his case for change with the front office. One or 2 games does not cut it for this type of confrontation.

Growing pains for coach and fans.

(It seems to me there has been a lot of questions by fans and reporters in the past couple of years concerning the QB talent level in the CFL. And for good reason! Consistency by most starting QB's has been severely lacking.)