Face it, Hamiltonians are in love with Timmy Chang!!

I meant local media. I’ll remember to be more specific in the future.

While some of you took the original post as an attempt to replace Jason Maas, it seemed some of you did actually understand. The question was NOT a statement like, “I think Chang should start” in fact it was nothing to that effect at all! I’m fine with Maas, for now. I think this city loves a QB controversy.

The question was ‘what is it that people love about this guy?’. Just wondering.

If Local Media = Ken Peters, i wouldnt talk either... but i digress.

people here want a QB controversy because of Maas’ uhmm… subpar… season last year and they are just LOOKING for a reason to lynch him. :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:

Spockian eyebrow engaged…how McMahon-like… LOL

Oski Wee Wee,

I knew I liked you.

Ok so he's not exactly Joe Montana, but he's good enough to play. Defenses can be caught off balance having to respect his big play capabilities and this limits their chances of success against him as opposed to a predictable offense which is less riskier to defend against.

What Dr. Spock, Russ? The green-blooded one, or the one that deals with rearing children?

Seems to me that (on this site) the latter would suffice...

Why do we love Timmy Chang? Because in his first game in Winnipeg he threw for 240 yds and 2 TDs. Then on Friday in Hamilton he showed well again. I think all fans like QBs who produce. And so far Chang has done that.

Dr. Who (!), Sig?
As Bones would say, "He's a 'Mister'- not a Doctor.

(Dr. Benjamin Spock was the child-raising guru. The Vulcan didn't use that title.)

Jason Maas: Throw long and prosper! :smiley: LOL

Oski Wee Wee,

Im betting Chang is # 3 for now . This could change, but if Maas was to go down Saturday you will see Butler run onto the field . Now if this happens are people going to jump all over the head coach ?? Would be funny to read since all of you have praised him so much . But thats Hamilton for you and it wouldnt surprise me one bit !!!!

I’ll give it about 5 games and I’m pretty sure you’ll be hearing otherwise.

I can see chang wanting another shot as the NFL, like anyone else. But if he does not make it I could see him here for a long time.

How did the star trek geeks find my thread? LOL Timmy Chang will assimilate you all!!

AS - what do you mean 'we found your thread'. We OWN the threads!

By the way, we're an eclectic bunch. We can do serial geekdom with a twist if you like.

Oh, I beg to differ on the title of “guru”. Dr. Spock created an entire generation of self-serving, unaccountable, instantly gratified brats.

But I digress…and stand accused of high-jacking AS’s thread.

Mr. Spock is a fine example of courage, duty, and honour…darn, another high-jacking.

Anywho…Chang will get his chance (maybe) but several posters have pointed out that in many fans’ eyes the back-up QB is often perceived as the best player on the roster. Hindsight usually proves them wrong (along with Dr. Spock).

Im betting Chang is # 3 for now . This could change, but if Maas was to go down Saturday you will see Butler run onto the field . Now if this happens are people going to jump all over the head coach ??
You might be right, Chang might be the #3 guy, and if Maas were to get hurt Butler is probably the guy who'll come in. However, that won't stop the fans who want to see Chang out there. Butler certainly didn't have a memorable outing against Winnipeg (at home) even though he didn't play all that much.

And to answer your question, yes, people will get on the coach if Butler goes in instead of Chang.

Without hope there is only despair.

I think Chang is going to be a great asset to our team but i don't think timmy changa's work, I was singing Chang Chang Chang / Chang Chang Chang you know from aretha Franklins chain of fools just changed it to Chang instead. I myself think that sounds better. But whatever it doesn't matter because when he is sent in to get the job done I think that he will get it done!!!

Just putting my 2 cents in since I do love our tiger cats

You could also replace "spam" with "Chang"...