Face Facts. CFL Will Never Get Respect in Southern Ontario

Just like that? No apologies for your accusations?

He's probably pretty embarrassed... :lol:

...gee, ya think? Still rather classless to spout needlessly, then ditch without making amends...

Actually maybe he found out! :wink:

Its a plot by the NFL. :twisted: :twisted:

Start with CFL.ca. Get it falling apart. :lol:

Then Put some NFL games in Toronto. :lol:

Next up put some NFL games in other Canadian Cities. :wink:

I think he may uncovered the NFL plot to take over the CFL!

:twisted:

Xvys wrote:

It couldn't be any clearer than looking at the National Post on-line sports section. Why in their Sports section do they have subheads for:

NHL
MLB
NBA
NFL
Golf
Posted Sports

But no CFL or football subheading? Their CFL news, (they rarely have any), are lumped into “Posted Sports”, whatever that means, along with NLL, Boxing, Cricket, CFL, Beach Volleyball, ect. Sure it’s the off-season, but so is it for MLB and NFL.

Perhaps the powers that be are listening. I notice the National Post now has a CFL sub-heading, equal to the NFL, despite being the off-season. The NP does actually have a CFL section now. Congrats to them for seeing the light.

I won’t claim the credit, but I noticed also that the Star is now often displaying some CFL stories in the lead section of their football section…and have started adding CFL stories to their football wire, (I pointed out that 29 of 30 football wire stories were about the NFL).

Yes, I've noticed this also Xuys, nice stuff!

Yep, check out the new CFL sub-heading, right there with the big leagues, and news, too!.

[url=http://nationalpost.pa-sportsticker.com/default.aspx?s=cfl]http://nationalpost.pa-sportsticker.com ... aspx?s=cfl[/url]

As a league, the CFL doesn't market itself very well. Individual teams seem to be doing a good job in their respective markets though. I would like to see the CFL set up a couple of travelling exhibits. One could be set up in the east, and one in the west. They could feature stuff on the history of the league as well as interactive activities to get kids interested. They could visit elementary schools in the fall and hit some of the summer fairs. I would also like to see the league open up one pre-season game per year to bidding from any city that would be interested in hosting. The event could be promoted like a tiny Grey Cup, with plenty of events to get locals involved, and televised nationwide on TSN. It could become the annual traditional kick-off to football on tv. I believe the league already owns it's own temporary seating (which it leases out to Grey Cup hosts when needed). There would, of course, be costs to doing this, but they shouldn't be that bad split among the 8 franchises. In the end, I think the benefits would outweigh the costs.

What happened to those neutral site exhibition games?
Here in London ours was a great success, but that was 5 years ago, and there's no talk of another game here in sight.
If the CFL wants to spread its word, they ahve to be more aggressive.
Mark Cohon is like the invisible man.