FA Most Wanted: The player with all of the options

TORONTO — Just seven weeks removed from lifting the Grey Cup, Kenny Lawler has some decisions to make.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/01/31/fa-wanted-player-options/

We don't need no stinkin' cap room. Not when we have Kyle Walters, the Jedi Knight master at 'Pretty please' contract renegotiation tactics. Add to that the added value of my bottle cap collection (which I generously chipped in) and there's NO WAY Lawler doesn't come back here for a third run at the Cup.

2 Likes

Well BC just freed up half a mill with Reilly retiring. Burnham, Whitehead, Rhymes & Lawler anyone?:partying_face:

1 Like

All the best of Luck to the Lions on attracting Lawler to the beautiful City of Vancouver. Would be a great addition in BC's quest for at least a playoff spot this Season plus a great opportunity for Lawler to play in much more attractive weather conditions than he had in Winnipeg.

Rainy weather, high cost of living, traffic volume, lose 10 games 2022, last place , no proven QB.

Or $15 grand in playoff money, playing with your extended family, another GINORMOUS ring, Aaand title of THREE TIME GREY CUP CHAMPIONSHIP.

4 Likes

If the Argos or Bombers sign him for around the same thing BC offers it just proves neither of them have a salary cap

You’re underestimating the playoff $. Was $23-24,000 this year and in a full season should be $30,000 or more. So $200,000 in Winnipeg only $20,000 less than $250,000 in BC. That is if the numbers are correct. Don’t see him going to the coast and missing out on the threepeat for that difference, just like the Bomber’s other stars.

3 Likes

Weather in a normal season not really much of a factor with season finishing end of October , no fan base , no Qb , no Oline in BC , Rhymes , Burham , Whitehead and LAwler good luck getting the ball much there ! Lots of practice time in the rain , no thanks

4 Likes

I can't imagine ANY secondary covering that group of receivers for long. Imagine how many of those targets would come open every play if the Lions also upgraded their pass protection. We'd have to score 50 points a game just to keep up.

It's lucky for us that Leos' management never ever ever (I'm going to throw in another 'ever') took their offensive line seriously during the Reilly era. I'm hoping they still won't. Otherwise we might all be chasing BC this season.

I'll take the rainy weather over wearing snow shoes for 6 months. Not that there's anything wrong with that. LOL

1 Like

Not I. Constant rain is depressing. I also prefer 33-35 degrees in the summer over 23-25 degrees. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

3 Likes

I'm not going to talk about their o-line.
saupload

1 Like

Perhaps you're just too delicate for this kind of weather. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Lol

BTW Sketchers has a new line of snowshoes, for the fashionable.

3 Likes

Nothing like golfing in the summer along ocean views, skiing in the mountains in the winter. Of course you DO have mountains 1,000 miles on either side of you. You can't always have oceans or mountains in your neighborhood. You can hang postcards - not that there's anything wrong with that. LOL To each his own.

What's sketchers CUP? Get yourself some Tubbs or MSR Ascents. Did you wander into an art store by mistake. LOL

Nothing like tropical summer temperatures, very little precipitation, over 100,000 usable lakes where the temperature of the water is above 3 degrees, houses at 1/5th the price within 15 minutes of work and the best looking women in Canada! Oh, I almost forgot. Also home to the best football team in Canada for 3 years and counting! Like you say, to each his own.

3 Likes

I have been to Winnipeg, Jon. Was to Westview & checked out your "Mountain". Funny name - Garbage Hill isn't it? Hey, don't look at me. That's on your guys. LOL

Dear old mom and dad moved to BC in the 1950's but didn't stay long. As soon as my late father articled and got his license to practice law they both came back to good old Manitoba to live happily ever after.

Dad couldn't stand the gloom and mom missed the prairie sunsets.

1 Like

At least we put our garbage in a landfill. “Eco friendly” Victoria infamously dumped 100% of their raw sewage directly into the ocean for decades.

I am aware that many different areas of the country have many good and not so good attributes. I have seen most of the country in person. I don’t compare and wouldn’t criticize where someone else resides unless provoked, but will continue to defend my hometown and province if you wish to continue to attack it for no apparent reason.

2 Likes

About those lakes. Sorry to hear

Maaax, it doesn't surprise me. A friend of mine drove east to find work in TO years ago. His car broke down in Winnipeg & he never left. Loves it there. I have nothing against Winnipeg. My spouse grew up near there. But, come retirement we'll settle down on the coast. I have siblings in BC, Alberta & Ontario. Different strokes for different folks. We all like to joke around but home is where the heart is. That's reason enough. Ciao

1 Like