F-18 (s) flypast tomorrow night at the game?.......

I just heard this and I hope they really crank it up for the crowd. I don't know if I'll ever realize this dream but I really, really want to sit in the second seat one day and have the thrill of chucking my guts into a bag.. :wink: ...it would be worth the thrill of riding in one of those machines.

Here's my favourite F-18 video

(turn your speakers up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=046RYhF00a0 :cowboy:

Just don't wolf down any of that free lasagna before the flight and I'm sure you'll be fine. :wink:

Who told you about the free lasagna! 8) Would be a fun ride though, slightly random video, very cool none the less thanks for the entertainment =D

Got get there early for the Fun.
I am so Hyped..

Nothing but Melba Toast and Ritz Crackers for 48 hours prior..... :lol:

ZOOMIES!!! I CAN’T WAIT!!

One of my dreams is to sit second in an F-14 Tomcat.

The fly-by they did in Buffalo a few years back for “Canada Day” at the Bills game was impresive. I couldn’t believe how close they came to the stadium…
Anyways Mikey, find out how to put your name in for a fly-along with the snow-birds. It’s a long shot, but you never know, you might get lucky. I’ve been up in a Tom-Cat. Didn’t chuck, but it felt like I had an O-line sitting on my chest.

PS: You gotta pass the physical first…

Sorry Caiteag...No more F-14's, TomCats fly no more. The USN has taken them out of service and except for a few that are in museums they are scrapping all of the remaining planes so that no part of them will fall into the hands of the Iranians, the only other nation to every have used them. truth.

Why, thank-you for the idea. I'd also love a ride with the Snowbirds. I've had my free-lance reporter status with Torstar for many years now and I've heard they have 'media days' before an air show where media gets to fly with them......I'll look into it, although it may be too late for this year's circuit....if so, I can always shoot for next year.....now you have me all excited at the thought and possibility

:D

Thanks “matelot” now you’ve given away my age…It was back in the '80’s when i went up. In Florida.

A thought just struck me.......Bob Young may intervene and say to the Snowbirds Squadron ----> Have you guys ever seen the state of disarray Mikey keeps his van in?......and you guys are going to let him in the cockpit?

:lol: :lol: :wink:

My dream is that they bring back the Hamilton airshow I really miss it CF18'S rock "SUPPORT OUR TROOPS" :thup:

The irony? The CF-188 Hornets will be from 425 "Alouette" Squadron, 3 Wing Bagotville.

Maybe we can next get 424 "City of Hamilton" Tiger Squadron to fly one of their Griffons or Hercs out from Trenton.

Per Ardua Ad Astra!

snickers ... heh heh heh cockpit.... heh heh heh....

I know. It was a sad day for me when I learned the USN had retired the Tomcat. Not that I had a hope in heck of ever getting to fly in one anyway.. but a dream is always a dream, ya know?