Explain this B.C. Lions Fans...

The Grey Cup has been full of upsets over the years. 2000 is a good example. Why some Lions fans are cocky maybe the fact the while Montreal still has quality players their depth was tested this year. The Lions just dismantled a very good Rider team and had their way on offence and Defence all day. The Lions depth is the problem for the Als, on the D Line, at QB and Canadian reciever the are so much better then anybody in the CFL. That is not saying that the front 4 of the Als dosn't compare with the Leos but the people the lions can bring in for certian 2 down situations would be starting on most teams. The rotations they have at the line, linebacker and reciever will keep fatigue at bay. The big question is can the Als be flawless and can their stars outplay the Lions best and can they get some big special teams play or turnovers? I believe that is what they need a least on paper. Good thing the game is played on the field though.

BC 35 Als 21

I don't have a problem with fans stating their reasons for why their team will win but when Als fans come on and claim Lions fans are being arrogant and overconfident, when Als fans are doing the exact same thing.

Hopefully it's will be a good game by both teams and may the better team win.

Lionbacker, I don't understand your statement.
Go to the Als forum. Als fans know that their team needs to have the game of their lives and then some to win the game. And the Als fan that you are talking about is 1 guy. Just some radical taking drugs named ITOLDYOUSO. He's just 1 guy talking too much trash. He doesn't represent all of us.

As a Lions fan, all I have to say is this...the Riders beat us 3 out of 4 this year...until the WDF, and then we smoked them.

We've beaten the Al's badly this year, and only lost 1 to them over the last 4 years. That howver, does not mean that the game is going to be a cakewalk.

Do I think the Leos will win? Damn straight! But ShawnBC has it right...it's our depth that has been killing opponents. With every other team, when their guys get tired (like the Riders D-line last week), our guys are just getting warmed up. That is what is going to win the game for us, the ability to rotate our players, especially on D, but also on O.

Being arrogant is saying "Well the Lions had 12 sacks against the Als last time. It will happen again" or saying untrue unfounded statements such as "The Als can't bring pressure" yet when Butler and Tim Strick come off the edges it usually means a blindside hit on a QB, a fumble, and a momentum shift in the game.

Being arrogant is using a name like crylionscry or ITOLDYOUSO. One’s no better than the other.

Great post!