Explain the playoffs?

Don’t you mean 3 Thirds or 4 Quadrants? Lol.

Joking.

That is one crazy format. Leave it as it is.

Wait, what? Just for this year, or from this point forward?

They aren’t doing it this year but threatened to do it as an emergency measure in case several games were canceled because of COVID. There hasn’t been an announcement since then so I think we’re safe

It’s in this 3 down story quoting Dave Naylor regarding the CBA.

You’re right! Overlooked quadrants as meaning four. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Wait…what?! Where was I when this was stated?

14 games and 8 out of 9 get in? Will regular season tickets be $5 apiece since those games are basically meaningless? Will playoff tickets be $70 apiece?

Playoffs?! You kiddin' me? You wanna talk about PLAYOFFS?!!

This could happen:

Winnipeg moves over to the East in 2032 and becomes the first crossover team to go West in the playoffs. We’ll play the ‘Saskatoon Stallions’ in their new covered stadium for the right to face the ‘Edmonton Iron Eagles’ in the final. Winner plays for the Cup in Atlantic Canada before a sellout crowd of 22,000. :smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

Change it up to the Edmonton Golden Eagles and 30 k we can share the fantasy . :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Done.

I’ll inform CFL High Command on Monday. There could be a promotion in the works for you Jasmine.

1 Like

Only if it’s available don’t wan to see anyone let go during these times but I am Looking for assistant to the assistant general manager position .

Are you willing to accept an ‘upright’ position? All of the Assistant to the Assistant General Manager ‘sitting’ positions have been filled.

I will have to wait for an opening as I am uptight on the upright position .

1 Like

Fair enough. If you’re too loose when you’re upright you’ll just fall over. Then you’d be completely useless to us.

1 Like

And be sure to check your butt for flying monkeys. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I had actually thought of that as a possible example of when the East would crossover!

1 Like

If you thought having 3 divisions plus 1 wildcard team in a best-of-three semifinal setup was dumb, consider at one time there was a format whereby the top two in the east played a two-game series with the final scores added up for "THE" final score while the west had four teams in their playoffs. In my opinion that was terrible.

With three geographical divisions you have symmetry -- everyone plays their divisional opponents three times each (six games), while out of division games would be two times each (twelve games). 6 + 12 = 18

…such a great idea, but you’ll need help getting it implemented, I suggest getting Justin on board:

Office of the Prime Minister
80 Wellington Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A2

Fax: [613-941-6900]

Get something to him today, let us know how it goes…

2 Likes

Geographical is the problem … three eastern-most teams in one division means splitting up Hamilton and Toronto … keeping the Ontario teams together puts Montreal with Winnipeg and Saskatchewan … a division with unfair travel demands compared to the other two

1 Like