West:
Windsor/Detroit
Seattle
BC
Calgary
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan

And then if expansion continued like Philadelphia and Los Angeles.

Ottawa (if it's considered expansion), Halifax, and Quebec City are the only Canadian cities that are realistic in the short-term.

After that it gets iffy. London and Windsor have been talked about.

After Ott, Hlx, and QC I think the league can only look at US for additional teams.

Forget western Canada - unless there is a major demographic shift there will be no more markets out there.

As far as US cities, stick to the Portlands, the Syracuses, and Columbuses. Small to mid-sized cities close to the border.

.....your expansion ideas into the US are pretty funny.....like a CFL in Seattle would get any support...good luck with those suggestions.....

Why would you expand to cities in the states that have the NFL already? I would say my top five would be:

1. Ottawa
  2. Quebec City
  3. Halifax
  4. Windsor
  5. Portland, Oregon

the top 4 would give you 12 teams, so divisions would look like this:
WEST

1. BC
  2. Edmonton
  3. Calgary
  4. Saskatchewan
  5. Winnipeg
  6. Windsor

EAST

1. Toronto
  2. Hamilton
  3. Montreal
  4. Ottawa
  5. Quebec City
  6. Halifax

No need to expand to the states initially, but Portland along with another Eastern city that doesnt have NFL would be preferable. Orlando or even Columbus could be possible places to put expansion franchises. You could go back to the cities where expansion failed the 1st time around because it was too many cities too quickly, not enough homework was done to make the CFL work in those places.

so,,what are we up to, 2?, 3?,4? threads a week on this??

It is getting kind of boring, rehashing the same thing over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over ad infinitum.

hwgill, is ad infinitum the same as ad nauseaum?

:D

Expansion? Yeah,I love the idea but I'll believe it when I see it!
It would be nice if the Lakehead could support a Team but with a population base of around 116,000 I don't know if it could work there. Saskatoon is possible with a base of around 190,000. What an instant rivalry with Regina that would create!
West
B.C.
Edmonton
Calgary
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
Saskatoon and/or Thunder Bay

East
Montreal
Toronto
Hamilton
Ottawa
Quebec City
Halifax and/or Windsor

I know people are going to laugh at the Thunder Bay suggestion but at least I'am keeping my choices in Canada.
Please no more U.S. expansion!

i suggested thunder bay before...but not for another 15 years or more....after QC, Ottawa and Halifax all have teams.

thunderbay and surrounding area have a population of 300-400K, if i remember my stats from last year.

anyone visit the gade's website lately?

I think we should have a team in sidney

I don't think having a team in Australia is workable! :lol:

My realistically list goes like this.

Ottawa
Halifax (Atlantic)
--------------------------(stop it right here for a while)
QC
Somewhere out West (I'm going with Alaska)

who said anything about australia??

Sydney, Aus Vs. Sidney, CBI :lol:

There is a Sidney in Nova Scotia ya know!

Sidney, Cape Breton Island, of course I know that, I minor in geography ya know.

it's a J O K E

both are even spelled differently.

You should change your minor to typing. At least then it would be in something useful.

A sidney (who cares about the spelling) on each coast would make great bookends for the CFL :thup: :slight_smile:

Halifax would be a better bet mate.

the west coast sidney is part of Victoria on the Island, so anywhere on the southeast side of the Island is pretty much the same.

The east coast sidney is not far from Halifax, so I see no problem there. If Victoria and Halifax would work, so would the bookends. All they need is the stadiums.
so there :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

Fair enough, but They (sidney) need the pop frist as well, at the moment, all they can support is the CHL.