Expansion team...

As i mention since june, we cant have a team a team in quebec without a new Stadium. What we have right now, the PEPS, wont do for a professional team. Build a new stadium where the Rouge & Or can play , where the various college team of the region can play, then you'll be in business. Until then, putting a CFL team in our actual stadium is asking for a failure. My 2 cents....

Will you people please stop ringing the death bell on Ottawa. :evil: Give it a rest and worry about your own teams.
Tom Wright was in town last night for a celebrity fundraiser dinner and is pleased with the Gliebermen, Bill Smith and the fans considering that we were basically rudderless in the off season.

I guess the only way to keep you guys quiet is to win a 10th Grey Cup and bring the Cup home to it's birthplace (yes, just like the Stanley Cup). And we will in due time. And we will be around long enough to do it too.

Fasten your seat belts. Capital Punishment will eventually rule once again. :smiley:

Mexico? MEXICO??? whose goona pay for a team there??? who has enough money for the fights??? Mexico is poor as crap! Mexico no maas!

Fights?
What fights?
Bull fights?

I can see another team in the east, but there is no place in the west that would work.

Forget Saskatoon, not enough people in the province nor is there enough corporate support!

People muse about Vancouver Island or the Okanagan, but once again, the population base within an easy drive just is not there, nor is there enough corporate support! Maybe someday Kelowna might grow big enough, but I am skeptical.

Personally I think you need 500,000 people withing a couple hours as a base. Yes, I know that here in Regina we have less, but the roads are flat and various government and related agencies provide significant sponsoship support to the team.

The CFL will never expand beyond 12 teams because Canada is a small country which provides a limited market. Any more than 12 teams would cut into the revenue of every team.

Currently, I can't honestly think that 12 is attainable. I think to get to 12, we'll need another jump in our population.... Let's get to 10 first, make sure that works and then we can see about more.

Which city in the west could support a 6th team ? Another thing, Ottawa has not had a winning season since 1979, this is why the crowds aren't higher.

Please I live in the west and I like the 'Gades. On the Topic of Quebec, No offence but not a %amn chance!!!! A new team in Halifax would be great. It would see a huge boost in veiwers from around the country and would do alot for 'coast-to-coast' support. As for the west I'd love to see a new team in the est but Sask. isn't going to split there alegences, everyone in the entire province that lives or at one point used to lie there cheers 'Riders. We don't have anyone else that could support a team. No think a new team in Halifax and keep the league at 10. That way we might actually have a post season longer than two weeks!!!