Expansion draft

mikem, I’m assuming you are using Shaw satellitr. Bell Expressvu does not work in Florida anymore.

Wow!!! that didn’t take long,just clicked on the Ti-Cat Roster and all 3 draftees names have already been deleted.

We gave up a ton of sacks last year (most up the middle, where Hage plays), could hardly ever run up the middle (where Hage plays), and had a ton of trouble punching it in from the one when running up the mddle (where Hage plays).

It’s great you are a fan of Hage’s, or his mother, but Hage, what have you done for me lately?

^^^^ :oops:

I would say shows respect for the draft process removing the names from the Cats page. I'm sure the players appreciate it actually, I would, I'm not on your team, remove me from the page and make it as accurate as possible in as timely fashion as possible. I'm now a RedBlack.
All the best to these guys in the future, except when they play the Cats of course and then, don't wish any injury at all, well don't wish that on any player on any team thinking about it.

This will likely extend his career. He wont’ retire.

MTL loses Lavoie and Hopkins, ouch.

The REDBLACKS did pretty good on the Offensive Line, Glenn is going to get some great protection.

They get an experienced centre with Hage, in addition they get - James Lee OL Saskatchewan Roughriders, Joe Eppele OL Toronto Argonauts, J'Micheal Dean OL Calgary Stampeders, Matt Albright OL BC Lions.

I would think that Marwan is very close friends with Kevin Glenn.

Ilike the move of selecting two TE’s Delahunt Cats Lavoi Als. It has been a successful trend returnign TE’ that are receiving threats and no one has two good ones on heir roster and now Ottawa does. Running a 4 wide and TE set for extra protection and a double TE set will have two true TEs that will be a receivng threat and not just an extra Olineman.

Every team seems to have been weakened a little by this draft which means Ottawa should have a decent team for 2014.

I am sorry to see Hage go but he is older and has been injured the last couple of years. They can go younger and cheaper.

An Argo-Cat fan

"I would think that Marwan is very close friends with Kevin Glenn."

More than friendship, they've played together - and that QB / Centre relationship counts. I thought it was a bit of head scratcher at first, because Hage's injuries have been a real problem for the O-line, but the familiarity with Glenn makes it a smart choice.

Good luck to Marwan - a class act all the way!

I agree. I understand Austin not protecting him which might have been a bit of a gamble possibly thinking that Ottawa wouldn’t select him because of age, injury history and contract. I could see him choosing to retire rather than uproot his wife and soon-to-arrive new child. He may be replaceable on the field (O’Neill and Filer have been mentioned as well as possibly Petrus) BUT he will NOT be easily replaced on the team (leadership) or in the community. Ticats will likely survive but I do feel badly for Hage who has been loyal to the team through thick and thin (and yes I know it is a business!)

I wonder if Glenn was able to influence this pick. I could imagine Kevin on the phone with Marcel saying “I know Marwan and I like him. He’s the pick.” Next I would imagine that Kevin was/is in full “convince” mode on the phone/e-mail with Marwan to convince him not to retire and play in Snottawah.

We won’t see two tight end sets in the CFL but Lavoie has had some serious injuries so drafting those two guys it locks up a position that is very difficult to fill. Delahunt is a true fullback while Lavoie is more of a “utility knife” type player. If they can extend Kohlert it gives them a fifth receiver. I think Ottawa was very very smart in how they drafted. If they do well in free agency, they will be a competitive team and will win their share of home games.

REDBLACKS Depth Chart

here's a video of kevin glenn watching the draft while he's on vacation in florida.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJAyrXss3N8

I dont think that this will cause Hage to retire he has a nice contract right now. Also most of the OSEG is involved with real estate devlopment and ownerhip so I can see that being part of the Ottawa pitch that they will find housing for players coming in. Already with Junior Hockey Hunt is used to finding housing for players and a guy like hage would only need something for the season and could retire in the near future

Agree steve. Can you imagine if the RedBlacks get to the GC let alone win it! :o What are the odds of that compared with say the worst team in a 30 team or so league winning the championship? RB's in the first year that is.

I don't think any expansion team in any sport has won the championship in their first league, talking off the top of my head that is. :?

according to Dave Naylor during 'the drive', Hage is from Montreal, and so is very close to home with this move to the RedBlacks.

i doubt he'd retire now. if he can stay healthy for the 2014 season, i think he'd be back for 2015, but not beyond.

Hamilton did get through this draft in better shape than the other teams. only lost 1 player who was in their long term vision.