Expanded CFL Combine presented by New Era heading to Edmonton in '23

TORNOTO — The Canadian Football League (CFL) will invite approximately 100 national and global prospects to Edmonton for an expanded and restructured CFL Combine presented by New Era in 2023. The new five-day event will take place from March 22 to 26 at Commonwealth Stadium Field House.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/11/10/expanded-cfl-combine-presented-by-new-era-heading-to-edmonton-in-23/

Whoa, a 5-day combine next year. 2022 was the first year I really go into watching the combine. Not sure I'll be up for five days of it, though.

2 Likes

Is the Combine being streamed. I will watch it still

It was this year. I imagine it will be again in 2023. I think it was streamed right from CFL.ca

2 Likes

Since the kicking combine is being held in San Diego, should we start speculating that they are being considered as a potential expansion team?

1 Like

Snap Dragon Stadium can't accommodate a CFL field.

But Soldier Field can?

The City of Chicago could be renovate Soldier Field once the Bears move out. Snap Dragon Stadium was recently built. They never made any allowance for pro football, either for the NFL or CFL

Can fans attend this event?

I don't think they were allowed to last season, but maybe that was some lingering covid precautions. I'm not sure what the policy will be this year, but I expect the fieldhouse at Commonwealth will not have much if any stands for spectators in it.