exhibit A (marcel debacle)

when you're losing every debatable call becomes more noticeable. i don't believe we'll get the shaft all year or it's a conspiracy or anything. i'm thinking we'll get some questionable calls in our favour too down the road. i think a lot of it is just frustration.

^^ Yup

You critics have no idea how lucky we are to have a quality GM like Marcel. The worst thing one could do is to question his passion for the game. Sit back for a few minutes and look at all the guys we presently have in place (Setta, Loescher, Bauman, Bekasiak, Chang, Lumsden, Moreno, Dyakowski, Gagne-Marcoux)…These are some of the many moves that make our GM the best young mind in the league. The future is very bright in Steeltown folks.

It is true that anything and everything is looked at with a magnifiying glass when your not winning. I concur that Desjardin is robotic and also that he should keep his mouth shut as to blaming the officials in the media. Maybe once he gets more experience he will have learned his lessons well.

(ronfromtigertown) P.S.

The judge is sure going to take very unkindly
to your not speaking the whole truth, newworldorder.

I doubt you can turn this case around unless
you have blockbuster evidence to make up for
your bumbled attempt to trick the courts.

So let’s hear Exhibit B. Very Happy

I don’t find Desjardins bionic at all.
(Newworldorder: You’d do well to read Ron’s post carefully because, oddly enough, I had the same read as he (and many others) had.

Enough with partial quotes already.

Desjardins will almost certainly become a good GM. In fact, he may already be a good GM. The jury is still out on that issue at this very early juncture. Give him some space!

Marcel is doing a good job making roster decisions. He is doing a pathetic job in public relations. I'm not sure if the ref comments should give the players a handy excuse but it has happened that way many times before on other teams. May I present the Toronto Maple Leafs under Pat Quinn as an example

The spot on that 3rd and inches turnover was huge, and as much as I liked the result I thought the ref that spotted that ball blew it on that call.

People do need to remember that hes just as much a rookie as the players he brought in.

I don’t post hoping he reads the boards…I tell him privately what my thoughts are…same as Bob and Katz and Christopher Dean…I’m notorious for not pulling any punches…why do you think we now have the Gold pants back?..hahaha…just to get Mikey off their asses once and for all !!!..lol

You guys think I kiss ass all the time but those behind the scenes know I’m notorious for ragging at them endlessly! :twisted:

Serious, I only hope that Marcel changes his mind and brings back Macaroni and Hitch…and gives Ray Thomas the shot I know he deserves…but that’s just un-informed me doing the arm-chair second guessing thingy…I know deep inside my opinions don’t mean much but it’s fun expressing them right?..we all deserve a say!

Carry on, Mikey. You're doing fine!

I think Marcel has taken a lot of heat and maybe with the results so far it is to be expected. I do believe he has accomplished a lot in cleaning up this team and bringing quality players.

Guys cut:

Ranek - out of the league
Vaughn - retired
Morreale - out of the league
Hitchcock - out of the league
Cotton - out of the league
Cheatwood - retired - now back on the injuried list.

Did I forgetting any others?

Players brought in:

Setta
Moreno
Chang
Marcoux
Dyakowski
Bauman
Bekasiak
McKay-Loescher

And others I think have potenial:

Curry
Glasper
Gause
Reid
Walker

Some of those players were draft under different management but I think Marcel played a big part in getting them up here. We might not be happy with the results but it would be difficult not to see the future looks good.

Regarding the Smith and Flick trade if you really look at it Smith has been off and on the injury list this year and came back last week as a back up. And Flick really only had once good game so far this year. I think Flick is a good receiver but very over rated.

Outside of his 115yrd 2 td performance, he has done this:

26yrds, 0 tds
38yrds, 0 tds
17yrds, 0 tds
and this week 0 catchs for 0 yrds and 0 tds.

Well thanks Rocky…I will carry on…just not as often as I used to…

I’ve been saying now into our fourth year now on this site that the Tiger-Cats biggest downfall has been the bizarre mis-management of our QB’s and an insane loyalty to those who just don’t inspire the franchise… in the past three years including 2007 so far we are 9-32 and yet we still sacrifice fanbase in favour of a QB’s “feelings”…THIS MUST STOP AND TODAY!..9-32 suggests there is something wrong!!..and it begins and ends at the QB position…we have the talent flowing downward but if the team has no faith in their inherent leader?..it crumbles every freaking time!

Eakin was the best signing we’ve had in 10 years…and I submit if he was inserted as #1 from Day one, we’d never be in the position we are now…that’s a guarantee!..and now we are sending Chang down the same path just as we did Calvillo and how many others?..

Enough with these lousy washed up veterans!..start Chang now and stick with him!..he’s not a mental midget!..he’s a player!..ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP!..I’M A CHEERLEADER TO THE N’TH DEGREE BUT EVEN I AM GETTING FED UP WITH THE INEPT DECISION MAKING…I’ll guarantee that if I made some decisions the past three years based on common sense alone, we’d never be at 0-5 and worse, 9-32…certain things are no-freaking-brainers!..and I’m a self confessed idiot where football is concerned!

Get on with it and make the one tough move that has to be done…and move on!

IMO, Kevin Glenn never had possession in the first place.

He bobbled the snap and dove forward
in an attempt to recover the ball.

Is it only me who thinks that?

You are right, Ron.

The ref was right in front of Glenn when he dove forward. Glenn had dove way past the first down line, but obviously if the ref was two feet away from Glenn, and the call was the Bombers didn't get the first down, Glenn must have lost the ball before he dove.

(ronfromtigertown) Kevin Glenn never had possession in the first place.

He bobbled the snap and dove forward
in an attempt to recover the ball.

Is it only me who thinks that?

No, Ron. That is how I saw it too.

It is quite impressive that you don't pull any punches
expressing your opinions with the front office people, mikey,

You are in a much better position to do it than
the poor downtrodden and ignored fans on ticats.ca

Why don't you rag at the Football operations people
about this "lousy washed up veteran" Jason Maas?

People that have the authority to do something.

Hammer away at Marcel Desjardin and Charlie Taaffe
his long awaited top choice for Head Coach about Jason.

Use you persuasive powers to advance the cause
of all the poor downtrodden and ignored fans here.

Thank you. None of the radio or the TV commentators mentioned it. I thought maybe I was seeing things.

This statement blows my mind! There is not one single person on these forums that if they took over this team would be able to run it any better.

I actually emailed the league about the terrible calls on field. To my surprise George Black actually emailed me back. His response was: "I thought it was players that committed the fouls and the referees simply called them."

The league is obviously not playing in the the referee scapegoat schtick.

Ron, with all due respect, I’ll gladly answer you if you for once speak in plain English instead of some secret code we all have to decipher…please translate what you just said or asked of me and I’ll be more than willing to respond…thanks