Excellent Effort by Bombers--

they lost by 1 with the 3rd string qb and no running back. dude, seriously... they played the third heck in reality GOLTZ is the 4th string qb who is only here cuz our actual 2nd string qb ELLIOT got hurt. and lost by 1 friggin point, a missed fg.

you complain alot when we lose but are never around when we win.

what's your point anyways...

most teams having to play their 4th stringer for most of the 2nd half would have lost by alot more than 1 point.

Glass always half empty with you tho.. must be a fun life to always look at things so negatively.

if you want to be taken seriously, you chose the wrong nickname and the wrong picture as IMO, a real 'fan" of the team would never crap on them as much as you do. your name is a shot at the starting qb who is 8-4 this year as a starter and your picture is about as ingnorant as it can get.. concussions are funny? yeah... hillarious.

you are just a bandwagon troll and nothing you say will ever be taken seriously because your name and pic says it all.. pictures say 1000 words is what the old saying is.. Yours just says one and i dont think im allowed to use that word on here. Suffice to say, i'll be back, i gotta go take a number 2 and i need to buy some toilet paper to wipe my "buckstopshere"

I'm sure Montreal would've won led by Josh Nieswander and playing Martin Bedard as their starting RB :roll:

The real bottom line is that we're 8-4 and everyone else is 7-5 or worse. The real bottom line is that no matter what happens this week, the worst we can be is tied for first. I'm sure you'll be devastated to hear we can't be last.

Actually the Bombers are 8-5 and so is Montreal. If Hamilton wins tomorrow, they will only be 1 game behind. It should make for an interesting finish in the east.

Bombers impressed me. They don't quit and are very physical. If I was Lapolice I would focus on getting Buck healthy and take whatever playoff spot I get. I think healthy they can win on the road. Where if they wear out Buck they are less dangerous. Oline dosen't look good enough to win a GC however.

...the oline is suspect....the special teams are not so special.....(we waited all this time for Tim Brown)...Renaud has got me wondering :roll: :roll: hot and cold....Palardy is 'just' making very makeable field goals...BUT biggest of all is the poor offensive (and it is offensive) calls by Lapo....This team is still building and that's very evident...Should we be in the Cup this year....i never say never...but the realist in me is seeing too many cracks ...Maybe next year??? :wink: UNLESS our offence and special teams catches up with our D.....AND this is the CFL... :roll: :roll:

Well you may be right but your team doesn't look any better then us.

Never claimed they did.

.. we were a freaking yard away from beating Montreal with all the "cracks" ... every single team has flaws. if you can beat Montreal, you can win a Grey Cup. we're 1-1 and lost by a yard, and even that's arguable.

also, who cares if Palardy is just making very makeable field goals? if it goes through the uprights it's 3 points if it hits the post fifteen times on the way through or not.. he's hit 15 of his last 16.. Winnipeg fans crack me up sometimes.. first it was let's cut a 22 yard old with a career 80+% FG% because he's missed a couple in the past two games.. now it's let's get rid of him because he ALMOST missed? if Palardy did what Noel Prefontaine did against us last week (he wasn't even close on a very makeable game winning FG attempt.. actually he missed it twice, at least he was close the first time..) some of our fans would probably be ready to give him the Paul McCallum treatment..

It's actually more complete than that. Whoever Montreal has faced this season has lost their next game, whether they beat the Alouettes or not. That's a remarkable statistic, especially in an 8 team league.

yes, thank you for repeating exactly what I said. no matter what happens this week, the worst winnipeg can be is tied for first.

Montreal won, Winnipeg lost, Calgary may win, Winnipeg is 8-5 just like Montreal and just like Calgary might be. thus, tied for first.

Fair enough, but you try playing without 4/5 of your starting defensive secondary and see how you fare. :smiley: :wink:

Winnipeg's a good team. One close loss to the Als isn't going to change that.

Actually the Bombers are 8-5 and so is Montreal. If Hamilton wins tomorrow, they will only be 1 game behind. It should make for an interesting finish in the east.
[/quote]
yes, thank you for repeating exactly what I said. no matter what happens this week, the worst winnipeg can be is tied for first.

Montreal won, Winnipeg lost, Calgary may win, Winnipeg is 8-5 just like Montreal and just like Calgary might be. thus, tied for first.
[/quote]
.....I think what you're missing bowlerdude is the fact that ...'just making it' doesn';t cut it' in the Peg anymore...Too many times we've seen this club slip away after Labour Day...We had a chance in the final seconds of that game to pretty well cinch first place...Now we're still in the mix...BUT we could've made things so much easier on ourselves...Fans in the Peg are starting to see a familiar pattern here and so the early exit by a lot of them last night...I know we have injuries...so do the Als....Injuries are no excuse...The refs. came up short again as far as i'm concerned but they blew calls on both clubs....The time thing at the end was another matter :roll: ..I.m trying to stay positive and am only offering constructive crticism with regard to our special teams and offence...We rank at or near the bottom in those two categories...I like what i saw of Brink and have faith in those two as no 1 and 2 to lead this club in the playoffs....BUT once again we need something to happen on our punting and kick returns...Look at the field advantage we give-up every game...Buck starts on his 25 most of the time...and Brink did as well last night...Not good enough...We have to do better...Anyway ...we know where we have to improve but i don't see any movement towards that end at present.......Next up Cats...Onward and wupward :thup:

"just making it" doesn't have to cut it.

however, a loss by one point when you have your top three QBs injured and your top two RBs injured does not mean the sky is falling.

losing to a very good football team by one yard does not mean the sky is falling.

the Bombers have flaws, but we're acting like the other seven teams in the league are perfect. we can discuss the flaws without saying we don't have a chance the rest of the year. this game already showed we have a chance in any game even without Pierce and Reid.

we definitely need big help in the return game. Tim Brown's 50 yard return from one set of numbers to the other set was pretty funny. Special teams is a huge problem and it does need to be improved. It's a huge difference in field position. I don't know what's happened to Renaud these past few weeks but he's been awful.

that was talking about the Argos game.. I was just using Montreal to say that any good team would have trouble with the Argos when down to a #4 QB and using a FB with no CFL carries as an RB.

yeah, I'm aware of the injuries on Montreal's defense, and obviously that can't be easy either

Hamilton is young, fast and healthy... They have to be favored to take the division at this point, but they will have to go win it on the road.

I would have to disagree but I don't feel anyone is favored in the east for first. Its just to close to call.

I'd still have it Montreal - Winnipeg - Hamilton in terms of odds to win the division. They are healthier, but I don't trust Kevin Glenn in any important situation enough to believe they'll come back.. plus I just believe Montreal and Winnipeg were better teams to begin with.

It is close though. Also if Hamilton beats the Bombers this week, I will certainly be tempted to revise that.

The Bombers have 9 starters on IR and didn't have enough back ups to finish the game in TO.

Brink vs Calvillo, what did you think would happen?

When they get healthy, I would put them up against any team in the league.

....This 'win one...lose won' .500 team is favoured to win the division...???? :lol: .....They've lost the season series to us already...and the Als. were one yard away from doing the same...I would think the Bombers would have to be favoured BUT we'll see Fri....If we leave Ham. with the 2 points...I like our chances :wink: