ex-TiCat QB Jason Boltus to Winnipeg

I haven't heard a thing about Porter since his release from Montreal; does anyone know if he surfaced in arena ball or where he is and what he's up to ?

Darrin Bauming ? @DarrinBauming
#Bombers announce signing of QB Jason Boltus and receiver Aaron Kelly. Both former #TiCats join practice roster. #CFL

A little off topic but he also said last night

Darrin Bauming ? @DarrinBauming
Just a hunch, but another player the #Bombers may be in negotiations with is former #Ticats receiver Prechae Rodriguez.

I would be shocked to see this but it was posted so I thought id share.

Maybe they will bring back Obie from retirement as GM?

Would not be surprised to see Winnipeg trade Chris Matthews.

Here’s the big name they’ve brought in out in Winnipeg.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=430592

Sims-Walker was selected by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the third round (79th overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft following a standout collegiate career that saw him record 184 receptions for 2,561 yards in 46 games.

“Mike is a very experienced receiver who we feel possesses great skill that could allow him to excel on our wide-open fields in Canada,” said Blue Bombers acting general manager Kyle Walters. “We’re looking forward to getting him acclimated to the CFL game.”

Twice named an All-Conference USA selection, he set the school’s all-time record for receptions in a season when he recorded 90 in his senior year.

After sitting out his rookie season in Jacksonville due to injury, Sims-Walker recorded 122 receptions over the next three seasons for 1,648 yards and 14 touchdowns before spending time with the St. Louis Rams in 2011.

Boltus will be a starter in this league.

Only if a teams #1, #2 and #3 are injured or not getting the job done. Boltus has a strong arm and can scramble a little. Unfortunately he doesn’t have the pre snap reading ability that a CFL quarterback needs, that combined with little to no CFL game experience means any team that would start Boltus this year…is desperate and likely set up to fail.

Give him a training camp and time behind a proven starter and he may be able to develop into a decent back up. I’m sorry he just does not have starter skills.

[b]
Anybody
[/b] the Bombers sign as a QB will be a starter in this league.

What makes me wonder is the amount of power Marcel already has on the Bombers. How often does an offensive coordinator bring in his own players? I wouldn’t be surprised if Marcel gets another promotion in the near future.

Anyone watch Tim Burke’s brief scrum with the media after the game? Guy didn’t even know what kind of injuries his QBs had. He came across as complete idiot.

It's like a new home for Ex-Tiger-Cat players in Winnipeg, yesterday the Bombers announced the signing of WR Aaron Kelly, QB Jason Boltus and of course DB Bo Smith who has been wit the team for a week or so? The news was announced with signing Kelly on the CFL Site.

Looks like a flood of ex-Cats in Winnipeg, I was just on their web site and noticed they also signed Ex-Cat Kicker Brodie McKnight to the practice squad, unsure of why they need an extra kicker with Palardy and DeAngelis maybe they are trying out for on side kickers??

Obviously at this point Buellefuelle has more power than Kyle Walters and Tim Burke. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Buellefuelle given the dual role of GM and Head Coach after the season ends.

They released Palardy when they signed McKnight. Didn’t Palardy also play for the Ticats? LOL

WHY RELEASE PALARDY?
He has 2 seasons where HE MADE 87% OF HIS FG ATTEMPTS.
That is All Star worthy.
He is kicking at a 75% SUCCESS RATE THIS YEAR.

boltus was also the starter for UFL Omaha in 2012 where Marcel was an offensive coach. $ straight seasons with Boltus 3 in Hamilton and one in UFL where he started.