Ex-TiCat John Chick announces retirement

http://3downnation.com/2018/03/30/john-chick-announces-retirement/

The Ticats traded Chick to Edmonton, along with a fifth-round pick in the 2018 CFL Draft, in exchange for the Eskimos second-round pick in this year’s draft.
In 125 career games, Chick registered 240 defensive tackles and 72 quarterback sacks.

"I am forever indebted to the CFL and its fans for all the blessings and unforgettable memories. I pray I left a good mark on the game, its fans and all my brothers I played this great game with. God Bless.?

Excellent career.

Great talent.

How good do Austin and Tillman look for the results of the Chick trade to Edmonton? We got their 2nd round pick ( 15th overall) and they got 7 games for a very good defensive end . If the Esks had won the Grey Cup, then the trade would have been good for both sides . They didn't win. so I see the Cats winning the trade, big time !

In a related story, Stats Canada reveals that the Canadian population will decrease by 1% if the Chick Family moves back to the states . :wink:

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

I agree Pat, Chick was an outstanding person and player, a shoe in HoFer!
But getting the 2nd round pick, cleared cap space and allowing Tracy to take hold of that position and then Chick decides to retire, is a terrific result for us.

A true gentleman and class act off the field . On the field a true force to be reckoned with all the best in your future endeavours !

It would be nice if Saskatchewan could sign him to one of those 1 day contracts so he could retire as a Rider .

Don't try to tell Gerbear that this was a good trade for the Cats. We have 20 pages of his posts to claim otherwise.

Good one?

Best of luck to John Chick and his family. He was a force to be dealt with in his prime and a hall of fame candidate.

??

I wonder if EDM is happy about trading away Odell Willis in anticipation of Chick playing in 2018?

John Chick At Peace With Retirement Decision