Ex TiCat Chevon Walker released by REDBLACKS

Drew Edwards ?@scratchingpost 16m16 minutes ago
The #Redblacks have released former #Ticats RB Chevon Walker. #CFL

Not much of a surprise here. Any running back has to be able to hit the hole hard and get tough yards. If you can't do that, get out into the slot and lets see how well you run routs. Maybe he could have played out there. He certainly has the speed. But, as a running back, too much dancing and prancing behind the line by Walker.

Okay everybody count to five and then wait for the usual " Let's sign him up" posts to start.Because you just know that they're going to happen :roll: regardless of who or why a player gets released,especially an Ex-Cat.

Don't want him

Agree with you. When they were starting Johnson instead last week, I wondered if his days would be numbered.

IMO Walker is not even as good as Grigsby at getting tough yards or blocking and I'm not overly impressed with Grig! - at least not last night.

I've been calling for his release since his first year as a tiger-cat. Finally, someone has listened. Lol

And that takes care of the last of the three Ticats chosen by the rEDbLACKS in the expansion draft.

Marwan Hage retired, and I guess I missed this at the time, but John Delahunt retired just prior to this season.
http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/football/cfl/john-delahunts-retirement-hits-redblacks-in-more-ways-than-one

They've still done OK in filling out some key positions with ex-Cats, including Burris, Ellingson and Chris Williams.

Hage did indeed retire but they also traded his rights to Calgary in the Glenn deal so they didn't even try to hang on to him. Did hear about Delahunt earlier though. Too bad, he was a good player.

Delahunt Delahunt is working as a landscaper this summer, but will return to Connecticut in the fall. The UConn sociology graduate will pursue a master’s degree in education, and he and fiancée Nicole Decker have set a wedding date for next April.

He did the right thing

Walker is a Better Blocker Then Grisby is but not as good a Back .

The coach has to bring some late cut RB’s from the no fun league before he runs out of time to make the necessary changes if he has to. He has to act now or forget it for this year We need some running and blocking :cowboy:

What Hank had to say about it

"I've known Chevy since 2012 when he came into this league and I basically took him under my wing," said RedBlacks QB Henry Burris. "This is a game where once expectations and the amount of money you make increase, you can become expendable. It's hard to carry a salary like that if he's not the guy. The bottom line is we have to move on. He's a great guy and he'll always be a friend of mine. He'll resurface somewhere; he's too good a talent."

Chevon was rumoured to have a salary in the $110K/yr range.

Of course, I picked Chevy as my RB selection in my TSN fantasy team.

Hamilton doesn't have the offensive line that would open holes for running backs anyway, it doesn't matter who plays or who is healthy, Gable maybe the exception. Just look at the numbers of rushing yards on plays from Holley and Grigsby when they have played, it's no wonder that Collaro's prefers to pass instead.

I don't think any added running back would help at this point until Gable gets healthy again. Wow imagine if this team had Gable and Madu both healthy and Fantuz as well?

GO CATS GO!!

Chevy signs with WPG.

JUSTIN DUNK SEPTEMBER 1, 2015, 9:46 AM
[b]Running back Chevon Walker has agreed to terms with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, per CFL sources.

The 28-year-old had 78 carries for 287 yards – a 3.7-yard average – in six games with Ottawa before being released by the team on Aug. 28.

Walker was selected by the Redblacks in the 2013 CFL Expansion Draft, after playing two seasons in Ticats black and gold. His best year playing the three-down game came in 2012 as a rookie when he rushed for 656 yards and four touchdowns and made 27 receptions for 336 yards and four majors in just six games. He has elite speed having been clocked in the 4.2-second range in the 40-yard dash.

Winnipeg lost running back Paris Cotton in Week 7 to a broken arm and with the starter sidelined indefinitely, there was a need at the position for the Bombers.[/b]