Ex cats on ti-cats

The issue for me is what is the team going to do about this where it counts: on the field?

Players have the right to express themselves about their work conditions, past and present. "The court of public opinion" as framed by the media or delivered directly by fan forums like this will deliver its response.

I didn't read the memo where it said players have to sign loyalty oaths re their employers for all time, but I digress.

Should Angelo Mosca be pilloried for calling out Ralph Sazio for his strongarm tactics as a negotiator as an example? All Ang, Tommy Joe Coffey, et al have done is express the truth on public record. And people get that it's the truth by the sniff test. Straight up.

DJ? He doesn't feel bad for the Ticat organization when it loses. The only difference between him and a lot of whiners who start flame threads on this site is that his snot, bile, and blood became part of the IWS AstroPlay giving it his all for that organization, so that gives him a bit of a buffer in my books.

Professional sports today IS a business. Mercenaries having scruples might make the watercooler chat a little less pointy for some who might want a similar latitude to point out the shortcomings of their management and/or business, but want to deflect their frustrations about their self-timidity outward. For some, that shoe does fit.**

In football terms, the best way for the Tiger-Cats to address this kind of criticism is to actually become a better organization, both at the turnstiles and on the field. Period.

** P.S. Please note I bolded the word "some" twice to indicate that my comment may not apply to everyone. That includes the person reading it. You even. LOL :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

After reading DJ's bitter comments (I hope they lose every single game),I can't wait to see him get smucked here in his next game ...ha ha .

This shows his real feelings towards us and I lean toward those who think he was s.....g up to fans on this forum.

I always continue cheering for players when the get traded away ,but I'm waiting for little DJ to come home now.

I watched him last weekend against Calgary and he was almost invisible ,just like when he played against the Argos for us last year and the year before.

You have not moved to vegas yet? LMAO

Wow what a great post Russ… thanks for this. You have summed up a lot of what I have been thinking on the matter.

I agree.
I don’t care much about what D.J. is saying. But, his point is well taken.
Whether you like(d) him or not, point is that he is 1 of many VETERANS that left the Cats, leaving us mostly with rookies. That, I think, is the MAIN reason we have a 1-11 record.
His bitterness is not unlike the bitterness that I am sure Morealle & Hitchcock are suffering today. Another 2 veterans that should have been kept.
The DJ Flick, Wayne Smith for QB Butler trade was a steal for Tillman, just as shipping MAAS was a steal for Edmonton.
There are others, but I won’t waste my time…
Let’s just say, that if Desjardins record was mine, I would have been fired long time ago…
The Eagle - - - :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

All I know is that Flick will dissapear the rest of the season now that Dominguez is hurt .

They will be leaning on Flick now and hell be nowhere to be found just like in seasons here when we tried to make him something hes not ... A GO TO RECIEVER !!!!

what does flicks ability have to do with anything…he made a point about how he feels toward the organization…now he is having success on a first place team. if hamilton tried to make him something hes not isnt that yet another condemnation on hamiltons part?.. one of many instances of the team getting successful talent from other teams only to come here and be average or less than? ie brazell, maas, flick, holmes, and there are more. at some point we have to turn the finger around and hold coaches accountable. one thing this team and sport is missing are coaches to take more accountability on the result of the game instead of we planned perfectly just our players didnt do what they were told attitude. anyways to get back on topic if dj doesnt catch a ball for the rest of the season him and wayne have already proved that marcel got burned in this trade bad!

You win some and lose some . To come out and shoot his mouth off like that shows little class as far as i`m concerned .

You do your talking on the field and now that Dominguez is out he wont be showing to much the rest of the season !!!

lol yet you are dying to get on the printers band wagon. choooo choooo. hey i cant help but see the irony here. printers bashed b.c. ???? maybe im wrong but didnt he? how is he different from dj?

I still can't get over the fact that you guys traded Flick and Smith for Rocky frickin Butler, who didn't even make the cut in training camp. Talk about throwing assets away.

Now that’s about as classy as you can get. Can’t imagine why he’s happy to be out of Hamilton.

Well we all can’t be classy individuals like yourself.

I have to agree this may be the most ignorant post of the day or even in a long time. i hope this is a product of your age. I’d like to ship you somewhere.

Marcel made a bad trade. Flick Is and allways was a top cfl reciever, And cutting Butler made matters worse. Ticats need to chop the football operations staff , and stop depleting the talent pool, give the players a healthy and pleasant atmosphere, and a team system that they can thrive in, i hope D,J knows the fans just want a competative team to Cheer for, they see whats happening , and are powerless to do anything about it. Maybe we will see D.J beet the args in the GC. :thup:

The good thing about the trade is it did free up cap space to sign CP and Maas wasn’t able to get the ball deep to flick anyways, so it would have been another wasted year for him. Everything kind of worked out for everyone in the end.

By popping off with such an angry statement, our old buddy D. J. gives the lie to his assertion that he's over it all now. I hope we show him a thing or two when we next have a chance to thump him. People have long memories when it comes to stuff like that. There are a few Tiger-Cat defenders who have something to prove. They will soon have a chance to prove themselves at Flick's expense. The best is yet to be.

You’re welcome.

Oski Wee Wee,

No NWO im not on Printers bandwagon and i dont know how you got that out of what i typed . Im saying Flick was a nobody reciever when he was here and he wont go down in Ticat or Sask. history so who bloody cares what he is shooting his mouth off about ???

I've got a question. When Corey Holmes was reminiscing about Saskatchewan, people criticized him and said his heart wasn't in it as a Ticat. I tend to think if Flick said those things coming to Hamilton, no one would mind.

If ya got nothing nice to say… Don’t say anything at all. Kinda like Boreham did in that article.