Everything you need to know about Wednesday's supplemental draft

https://3downnation.com/2019/06/25/everything-you-need-to-know-about-wednesdays-supplemental-draft/

A blue-chip Canadian offensive lineman is about to be up for grabs.
Jake Bennett, a three-year starter at Colorado State, can provide immediate help for any team looking to add depth at centre. He is the only player available in Wednesday’s CFL supplemental draft.

Bennett was the starting centre for the Salt Lake Stallions, anchoring a run-heavy attack. For reference, Saskatoon native Brett Boyko — now the starting right tackle for the B.C. Lions — did not start for his AAF squad in San Diego.

Teams must wager a selection in the 2020 CFL draft to secure Bennett’s rights. In the event that teams wager selections in the same round, the club with the higher waiver status gets priority.

Teams must wager a selection in the 2020 CFL draft to secure Bennett’s rights. In the event that teams wager selections in the same round, the club with the higher waiver status gets priority.

As such, the order of priority will be as follows: (1) Toronto Argonauts; (2) Montreal Alouettes; (3) Hamilton Tiger-Cats; (4) Edmonton Eskimos; (5) B.C. Lions; (6) Winnipeg Blue Bombers; (7) Saskatchewan Roughriders; (8) Ottawa Redblacks; (9) Calgary Stampeders.

Should the bidding reach the first round — and there’s a good chance it will — the Alouettes will be unable to wager a selection. Montreal’s first-round pick belongs to Hamilton by virtue of the Johnny Manziel trade.

I would think that the Argos would take him, offering a number 1 pick in 2020. If they offer less, then the Cats could grab him since they do have 2 picks in the first round of the 2020 draft .

There is an historical caveat : Zac Carlson OL Weber State 2009 supplemental pick cost the Cats their #1 selection the following year . Carlson was a bust in the CFL !

If the Cats take the young centre, we can assume that Burke and Allemang will have done their due diligence. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Randy jump in and give the Als a “mercy pick”.

Pat Lynch (the ancient one)

SSK 3rd

That seems like a bargain for the Riders. I’d love to hear if the Cats were interested at all. Perhaps the Cats are saving their 2020 picks for a certain Canadian QB from Ohio University .

Pat Lynch (the aged one)