Everyone wanted changes

I hope there are not too many upset fans. As much as I dont like to see these guys gone but we were all screaming for changes and now we got them. It was a very bold move so there must have been good reasons. I wisht these guys good luck in the future. I am so glad I got a Hitchcock jersey when I did

I am very upset not that they cut them that is the coaches job I can disagree but it is their job.
I am very mad about the timing I think that they used these players to sell seasons tickets and than cut them loose at the very worst time for them .
If the team was going younger and faster they should have told both players that they were not in the plans so they could look to get into another camp.

AN insult to the players after the work they did for the ti-cats on and of the field.
And I for one that think that the way this was done shows no class .

I disagree.

I disagree also. I think the coaches needed 3 weeks of camp to see how good their young Canadians really were. The balance of what will be no more than a couple short years of veteran savy play verses a decade or so of potential was weighed out.

I think it was the right choice and not an injustice in any way.

used these players to sell seasons tickets

I for one have never bought seasons tickets because of any one or two players but rather for a team and league. But I suppose there are some people out there who might have. I don't believe the players were used any more than any other player anywhere is used to any extent in a team's marketing, all part of pro sports.

:( :x I AGREE AND BASED ON HOW THIS MANGEMENT HAS BEHAVED I WILL NOT RENEW MY SEASON TICKETS. THESE TWO PLAYERS SHOWED UP LAST SEASON EVERY TIME THEY WERE ASKED TO STEP IN AND AS LONG AS JASON MAAS IS HELD IN SUCH HIGH REGARD AND IS AN UNPROVEN PLAYER I WILL NOT HAND OVER MY MONEY UP FRONT BUT WILL QUIETLY CHEER AND WAIT AND SEE. 8)
I am very mad about the timing I think that they used these players to sell seasons tickets and than cut them loose at the very worst time for them .
Totally disagree and while everybody loves a good conspiracy theory, this isnt one of them. I think Charlie and his staff, most of whom were new to the league and Charlie himself has been in the US a while, wanted to evaluate the whole team and in doing so, must have decided that we had some young Canadian talent that could step in and we could risk losing to other teams if we cut.

The organization treated the players as well as they could given the tough situation I think.

It was a very bold move so there must have been good reasons. I wisht these guys good luck in the future.
Agree, they will go down as two of our all-time greats and we wish Mike and Rob the best in all they do.
I WILL NOT RENEW MY SEASON TICKETS
WOW I hate that comment so much, have heard the threats over and over again, this is a new Ti-cat world yet one we havent experinced with a winning record, if I were you I'd renew because hhhhmmmm who knows how hard it will be to get a ticket at week 3 ... say were 3-0 !!! I ve always said we dont need fence sitters anyway.

where's the eye-roll emoticon?
or the shaking your head while resting it on your hands one?

Your loss will be some other anxious Ti-Cat fans gain.

AS LONG AS JASON MAAS IS HELD IN SUCH HIGH REGARD AND IS AN UNPROVEN PLAYER I WILL NOT HAND OVER MY MONEY UP FRONT BUT WILL QUIETLY CHEER AND WAIT AND SEE.
Jason Maas is proven. He didn't have the best year last year granted, however, he is proven.

He will have to prove himself again this year, and next year and every year thereafter. This is the life of a professional athlete (just ask Hitchcock and Morreale).

Don't go to the games if you want that is your choice. All you will have done is robbed yourself of the opportunity to have some fun and watch some Football.

Its professional football.. beat it lceleste

I'm reposting my comments from another thread because I feel there are still people who fail to fully understand the situation re: Mike and Hitch. Particularly LCELESTE.

Well, it's been a few days now and I've withheld my comments to see exactly how people around here took the news. Based on this, I've got a few questions.

1. Does anyone here, anyone at all, feel they have a better grasp of: a) what this team has, b) what this team needs?

No, I didn't think so. Hence why Bob hired two very knowledgable people in Desjardins and Taafe and not you.

1. Does anyone here have a better understanding of a player's abilities in comparison to the up-and-comers in camp?

Again, no. Of course you don't and if you think otherwise... see a doctor.

1. Were Mike and Hitch fantastic players in their day? Yes. Were they still useful to the Tiger-Cats this year? Sure. Were they getting any better? No.

2. Would keeping Mike and Hitch have forced the team to cut two other young Canadian prospects that would, undoubtedly, been snagged by another team? Damn straight!

Maybe you don't like it, hell I don't. Maybe you think they were mistreated (they weren't). But the fact remains that both Mike and Hitch, while they were great players deserving to be honoured for their contributions over the years, stood in the way of what Desjardin and Taafe hope to make of this team.

I know for fact that they know more about each and every player in camp than anyone on this board does and I trust their judgement a lot more than any other person who has or will comment.

So, seriously, knock it off already. They're gone. They were awesome and we'll all never forget them, but they're gone. Stop threatening to cancel tickets or crying about how "they deserved better." THEY GOT A PRESS CONFERENCE AND A JOB OFFER. More than you or I would ever get.

I have faith in my team, I have faith we're getting better. Hell, I've got faith in Jason Maas, know why? Cause Charlie Taafe has faith in Jason Maas and that's good enough for me anyday.

Biggie. You think they sighned these two in the offseason to sell tickets. Give me a break. As much as they were great players for us (I especially like Hitch) there is no way people bought tickets because of these two. OK maybe family members. People buy tickets because they love the Cats and they want to spend a nice summer night watching some football.

Out of curiousity, how long were you going to wait to renew anyway - you know the home season starts tomorrow, right?

C'mon, admit it, you know you already got em. See you tomorrow night. :wink:

Honestly I think the Cats were a class act in this case. Both players wanted to play with the Ti-Cats this year but management wanted to get younger. The management let them come to training camp to see if they could still outplay the players that they brought in. So I think that because the Tiger-Cats offered them the chance to get a roster spot rather than just cut them before the season(Joe Montford) speaks volumes about the class of this current management.

LCELESTE don't you know its bad manners and its considering hollering when you write all in caps ?

Sorry to hear you are not renewing you season tickets you will be cutting your own nose off to spite your face.

So go ahead and sit in a corner somewhere silently cheering .

Mike and Rob always put the team first.