Evans to start at QB - for the REDBLACKS!

Yeah, this is mainly a troll post. But the headline is actually correct.

Redblacks list Caleb Evans as starting QB for Week 9 against Elks

Poor Ottawa. The guy has zero CFL stats.

Interestingly, their cast of also-rans still has higher career yardage totals than HAM's recent offence full of substitutes. Guys like RJ Harris and Anthony Coombs have some full seasons under their belts. But on a sum-of-parts basis, OTT looks to be further away than ever from fielding a competitive team.

2 Likes

And Trevor Harris isn't playing, so why did they take him off the 6 game?

This Tuesday: clash of the qb titans

1 Like

Taylor Cornelius vs Caleb Evans! Not exactly the match-up the world was anticipating at the start of the season. (Right up there with D.Watford vs D.Davis, I suppose.)

What sense does this make?

Brock Sunderland was groomed by Desjardins.

I'm guessing Harris would be starting if the Elks were playing any other team in the league. If things go wrong with Cornelius, they can turn to Harris.

Yukon

2 Likes

None, especially since he's not even on the game day roster.

I might be able to see it if he was dressing, even if he was backing up Cornelius, the way we did with Masoli backing up Watford. But this....

They can't, because he's not on the gameday roster.

Btw, every time I see Taylor Cornelius' name, I think of Yukon Cornelius too, lol.

I didn't realize that. Weird indeed!

Is there still time to change the gameday roster?

I'm not sure and could certainly be wrong but it seems to me there is some rule about not being able to play the week you come off the 6 game if it's early. Practice only.

1 Like

When I hear the name Cornelius I automatically think of the character in the Planet Of The Apes.

1 Like

I think the only change allowed after the gameday roster is set is for DI's, ie healthy scratches due to ratio, late injury, etc

2 Likes

IIRC, if you are on the 6-game IL, then you cannot practice with the team. If he's coming off the list early, then his entire salary counts against the cap, so he may as well practice...

1 Like

Both Nicholls & Dom Davis moved to the 6 game.

Cue Rod Black & his references to the "Duck Dynasty" :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Davis 6 gamed. Last week was quite probably the last time we will ever see him.
One of TSNs least successful "let's try to make this guy a thing" QB promotion efforts.

1 Like

Imagine how much salary cap space OTT has just opened up, for ... actually, no conceivable use.

2 Likes

Agreed. Some names will always be associated with iconic movie characters. Like Hannibal, or Chewbacca.

1 Like

Is it just me, I think of this character! :rofl:

3 Likes

Yup! :+1:

when I hear Adam, I think of Eve :slight_smile:

1 Like