Evans, Acklin combine for big game in Ottawa's first win

TORONTO — The Ottawa REDBLACKS earned their first win of the season with a hard-fought 23-13 win over the provincial rival Toronto Argonauts to close out Week 8 in the CFL.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/07/31/evans-acklin-combine-for-big-night-in-ottawas-first-win/

The Toronto Argonauts once again broke the "Golden Rule" of sports-never underestimate your opponent. :thinking: The final game of Week 8 had the Argos 3-2 hosting the Redblacks 0-6. :zipper_mouth_face: The TSN turning point was the Redblacks 30 yard touchdown reception by Jaleon Acklin with 13 tics on the clock in the first half, which tied the game at 13 at halftime. :exclamation: The Redblacks owned the second half outscoring the Argos 10-0 :upside_down_face: for their first victory of this crazy 2022 season in the very poor East division. :bangbang:

1 Like

Jeremiah who? So Burke"s biggest move is turning out to be signing Acklin. And Caleb Evans looked like a young Masoli out there in the second half. Ottawa is back.

1 Like

I must be missing something. Greg Ellingson celebrating a touchdown in 2016 is somehow related to the Redblacks beating the Argos in 2022.

1 Like

I thought Evans played well. He has been better and better every game and looked really comfortable out there in the second half.

If I was coach Dinwiddie.....there would be some guys doing a hell of a lot of wind sprints this week. Gotta gotta get the stuff under control. When all that happened their chances of coming back evaporated and everyone on the bench was distracted....can't have that stuff.....

1 Like

A classic photo never gets old in my little world :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy: