eugene levy on david letterman

anyone see ch news when they reported that eugene levy(sctv) fame was on david letterman i guess last night when he brought up his home town team the hamilton tigercats although he made a few jokes about the ticats at least he brought the team up on daves show ch might repeat the story tonight at 11 and hopefully on sundays sportscope show

I watched Letterman last night. Eugene was very funny as usual.

He joked a lot about the CFL and the Ti-Cats. It was very good.

Are you sure it was Eugene Levy?

or

Ted Michaels of CHML?

http://www.cinemacafri.com/img/foto/pequeno/Eugene-Levy.jpg

things that make you go......hmmmmmmmmm

David asked Eugene about the odd name
of his hometown [and favourite football team]

‘The Tiger Cats’.

He didn’t give a straight answer about the name’s origin.

He replied that a friend of his told him
it’s sorta like calling a team ‘The Money Apes’

He said the team won 2 and lost 12 games this year.

and it wasn’t a good year because usually
a season like that gets you into the play offs.

of ALL the sctv players, levy was not near as funny as John Candy or Martin Short or Andrea Martin,or Joe Flarity, he$ only now getting on late night talk shows, How Funny are YA.. :roll:

So, what's your point? Martin Short would have said

something funnier about the Tiger/Cats? :roll:

So, maybe someone should send David Letterman a Ticats jersey and get him to wear it on his show to make up for poking fun at our "Tiger-Cat" name.... :wink: :lol:

...and get a few Ticats cheerleaders to present it to him......(shhhhhhhh, don't tell Howard Stern though) :smiley:

re-mikey

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2006 - 03:35 AM
So, maybe someone should send David Letterman a Ticats jersey and get him to wear it on his show to make up for poking fun at our "Tiger-Cat" name.... Wink Laughing

...and get a few Ticats cheerleaders to present it to him......(shhhhhhhh, don't tell Howard Stern though) Very Happy - great idea Mikey, run with it :thup:

I saw it....it was excellent.

He was very flattering to the team and the league as a whole

I remember a few years ago Martin Short was on and Letterman said something like "what are they called again, the Hamilton Winnebagos?".

Guess you missed him in American Pie, or A Mighty Wind, or Best in Show.

Former SCTV cast members have done well with movie and TV careers, and Eugene’s has been as active as any.

I love Him in 2003's Bringing Down the House
Where he gets a Cause of Jungle Fever with Queen Latifah

i agree Onknight that was funny as hell . Levy is a VERY funny man and i watch anything that he is in !!!

Ok maybe i was a bit harsh,(dont dis the Tabbies) Mr Levy could probably be a serious actor. The skit he did on comedy festival looked like something from broadway.imho

Nothing wrong with that idea.
Send it to Paul Shaffer - his band leader (from Thunder Bay) to present to Dave.

Somebody get the Tiger Cats to hand over a real jersey with Letterman on the back! 8)

Advertising and merchandising for the cost of a jersey.
Let their marketing department do better than that!

The phone lines will be busy now.

Let's have an apple pie give away next year.