Estelle on 9 Game IR

Mark Estelle has been placed on the 9 Game I.R.

As a result, Seth Williams has been transferred from the practice roster to the active roster. Ref: Als site/roster.

Richard

Big blow to us losing Estelle for the remainder of the season. I’ve been tough on him this year, but he’s still our best cover man in the secondary, and our options at corner are pretty tenuous at best. But I’m looking forward to seeing what Seth Williams can do. I believe he would have made the team out of TC had he not been injured. With Parker and Dix on the corners, and Williams and Anderson inside, we just have to survive one more game of Hecht-Crawford until Brouillette is off the 9-game IR.

As per CFL transactions of today:

Beside the transfer of Estelle to 9 game injury list and addition of Seth Williams to active roster, the Als have:

Released/transferred Perry Floyd from active roster to practice roster. I am surprised,although he could still be added to active roster,if Maypray not ready.

Released/transferred Grey Laybourn from active roster to practice roster. Diamond Ferri is probably OK to return.

If Jermaine McElveen is ready to play next Monday, I hope that Eric Wilson won't dress rather than Moton Hopkins. In 8 games,Wilson has 8 tackles and 1 QB sack; in 2 games, Hopkins has 5 tackles, 2 QB sacks and 1 forced fumble. Based on these numbers, Hopkins should play. Wilson would be released and I would not be surprised. As with Watkins, will probably happen during the 2011-2012 off season,particularly if we don't go far in the 2011 playoffs.

Richard

There is no way we can release Wilson with all the depth issues we've had with the defensive line. But your probably right AGGGGAIN :stuck_out_tongue:

Bowman suffered a turf toe injury in the Calg. game. I hope he will be ready for Ham. but it is not a certainty.

As for Wilson, I don`t think it is the Alouettes style to release a respected veteran like Wilson mid-season. He is considered to be one of the locker room leaders. Off-season of course is a different story.

We have Hopkins, McElveen, Bekasiak, and Lucas at DT, with Stewart, Bowman, Jones, and Chima at DE. I’d be fine with releasing Wilson, but as sheldon said, it’s not our style to cut a veteran loose in the middle of the season. In the offseason, though, I hope Popp makes some changes. There are better defensive tackles out there than Wilson.

A recent article on CFL.ca has Floyd talking about how excited he is to play the bombers. ouch. he wont even be there.

That's not correct, the next two games are against Hamilton, Floyd could be called upon for Winnipeg.

he COULD be called up... The riders COULD go on a six game winning streak.

Notre tertiaire est manifestement très différente de ce qu'elle aurait dû être. Est-ce que Brouillette fera mieux que Crawford ou Hecht? On peut le croire à la lueur de ses rares présences au cours de ses 2 premières saisons. Mais il demeure que les bons passeurs auront beau jeu de tenter la longue passe contre notre équipe. Tôt ou tard, ça va fonctionner.

Je crois que Williams pourrait aller au coin et que Hecht pourrait demeurer maraudeur. Parker et Anderson demeureraient comme demis et Dix resterait au coin. Parker n'a pas été reluisant au coin, alors autant le laisser là où il est meilleur.

Attendons-nous à ce que Glenn distribue de longues offrandes au cours des deux prochaines parties.

Comment peut-on dire que Parker "n'a pas été reluisant au coin" quand il n'a joué qu'une demi partie à ce poste? Suite à la blessure à Brown, Parker revenu/joué comme demi et Hecht a joué comme demi de coin; au match suivant, Dix revenait comme demi de coin et Parker demeurait demi.

Richard

Agree with you on this one.

always a chance but would not bet the Watermelons on that one!

Simplement parce que le peu qu'il y a joué n'était pas reluisant. Ça ne veut pas dire qu'il ne peut pas faire le boulot, mais ça ne semble pas être une position naturelle pour lui. Parker nous a montré qu'il peut faire de gros jeux comme demi, notamment des plaqués dans le champ arrière et des passes rabattues sur les routes intermédiaires. Mais bon, il ne serait pas pire que Woldu au dernier match.

I don't see how you can conclude that. Parker played less than one quarter of football at corner in the opener against BC, during which time the Lions did nothing on offense. He wasn't victimized at all. Then Brown got injured and Parker was forced to move back inside. The whole plan at the start of the year was to use Parker's physical attributes (size and aggression) at the wide-side corner position.

Je précise : ce n'est pas ma conclusion finale sur ce que Parker peut donner au coin. Je n'ai pas dit que son jeu était mauvais ou qu'il serait nécessairement mauvais. J'ai simplement dit que son jeu n'avait pas été reluisant, c'est-à-dire rien d'extraordinaire pour s'enticher de le voir à cette position. C'est ma conclusion de ce que j'ai vu de ce passage. C'était effectivement le premier match de la saison et qui sait ce que pourrait donner de l'y voir jouer plus longtemps. Mais considérant que Hecht n'a pas trop mal fait au coin (mieux que Woldu, en tout cas), je crois qu'on pourrait conserver Parker comme demi, là où on sait qu'il peut provoquer des choses.

Important stuff you all should know.

Troy Williams, the Eskimos short yardage QB tonight, is the brother of Mark Estelle, whose Als career we all know was ended with that unfortunate knee injury.