eSports, Really?

You are right, it is not much worse because people watch poker, darts, billiards and they aren’t sports either.
Does anyone really think poker is a sport ?
Anyone can play poker ? Can anyone hit a baseball over 300 feet ? That’s my point about what is and isn’t considered sport. They are calling it e sports. Not me.

I watch chess sometimes. Is that a sport ? Nada. Great game but not a sport.

2 Likes

No physical, DNA evidence but a lot of “experts” out there. Avoid until somebody comes up with actual physical evidence after all these years. It’s not like they are all hidden in the depths of the seas, but darned if there is just no physical evidence but “everybody has seen one” and all that BS.

If you have seen one documentary you have seen them all.

Oklahoma State Rep. Justin Humphrey is filing a bill to allow the hunt for the Big Foot during a hunting season. Humphrey says he doesn’t want people to necessarily kill the creature, but capture it. He hopes to raise a $25,000 bounty for the capture of the Bigfoot.

You can catch all the details on tonight’s episode of “Coast To Coast AM” with guest host Connie Willis. No George Snorry tonight

2 Likes

People generally become fans of watching things that they would enjoy doing, because it allows them to appreciate what the best of the best can do at one of their favourite activities. Generation Z (people who are currently 6-21 years old, a very coveted demographic), have mostly grown up playing lots of video games.

Twitch is huge, and still rapidly growing, and most of this growth is coming from younger people, who want to see the best of the best at their favourite activities perform at an incredibly high level. It is similar to top-flight sports in that to get to that high level, you need to pour in lots of time, effort and passion to get there.

There is big money in eSports, but I really don't think they need physical stadiums when everything can be livestreamed from home.

1 Like

Well I darn sure hope they find that Bigfoot with actual physical evidence this time after all these years and all those tiresome documentaries full of wonder. :yawning_face:

George Noory is simply full of pandering and is disingenuous, schmaltzy and awful. I tried to hear him out when on a night shift one summer years ago, but nope my verdict has been in for awhile. Justice for him and how he ruined that show is to have him go out on the hunt for Bigfoot and ultimately be trampled away from existence by one so we finally have undeniable physical evidence at our collective benefit with his absence from our world.

Perhaps they’ll need the Ghost of Art Bell this time. When Art Bell was on that show for some of his years might be the last time that Coast to Coast AM had some shreds of legitimacy to it.

Starter Geezer turning a corner here I will confess - last night I was watching France 24 and they were talking about some major global video game developments. I just happened to tune in.

Jasmine above mentioned Valheim, which I never heard of until last night mind you so here we are twice now in 24 hours, but before that apparently the game held in highest regard is Hades.

The animation is astounding and unlike anything I have ever seen. And you know what? I would watch somebody play that for an hour or so because it flows like a great adventure film, for when one dies apparently the script is reshuffled every time.

Art Bell was the man back in the day before he passed away. I always enjoyed listening to him. Norry not so much. He ruined the show

2 Likes

Well to pay to watch a bunch of guys play video games in some stadium indeed I do not get it at all.

But to watch somebody play a game like Hades for an hour on my TV, well I've come around to that proposition. Check out these sample of the game action and animation via this site. Hell is something else.

For you Geezers and other Starter Geezers out there, we are aeons into the future from the likes of Pac-Man.

No this is not a purchase link it's just the ad that comes up when I link to the series of clips:

1 Like

I always kinda liked Qbert