ESPN'S PTI DISSES DAMON ALLEN

i was just watching pardon the interuption on espn and their list came to damon and wheather or not he should be in the pro football hall of fame... the one guy said ive got a lot of yards and touchdowns in madden football and as far as im concerned the cfl and madden are no different so he doesnt deserve the hall of fame. the other host commented he didnt think anyone other than nfl players deserved to be in the hall.

huge disrepect to D.A he is a great athlete that did a great thing in a PRO football league and it should be recognized... this makes me pretty upset what about you guys

Then Moon, Theisman, etc. should not be in there either. I guess their CFL stats don't matter.

Not entirely unexpected. But there is a poll at ESPN.com that asks whether DA should be in the "Pro Football" HOF and 65% are saying YES.

Never liked that guy that runs PTI, always being a jerk and has completely wrong ideas about everything and everyone. But they're the yanks, they don't want anyone who hasn't participated in their sport to join "their" hall of fame. Just call it the friggin' NFL football hall of fame and we have no contreversy.

Screw them.

Damon Allen is one of the best QBs of all time and would have been an NFL star if not for only being 6'0".

Where is this poll?

Allen would have been in the NFL if he wasn't (politically incorrect) skin colour. Remember, the ONLY reason Moon came to the NFL was Hugh Campbell was the head coach in Houston, and he brought Moon with him. Once that experiment was successful, players like Randall Cunningham and Doug Williams got a chance. Wouldn't it have been nice to see these guys, along with McNair in a cFL jersey had the experiment not worked out?

First of all Doug Williams was in the NFL before Moon. Second point is that Hugh Campbell did not bring Moon to the Oilers, Moon had signed with the oilers before Hughie was approached to be the coach. Warren had his choice of a dozen teams to go to and signed with Houston.

You did your homework didn't you!

Piss on ESPN.

Well the problem is that they do not want a CFL Quarterback to hold that record! It is very sad because truly the guy deserves it!

Pardon The Interuption Is A Stupid Show Anyways And I've Never Given A Damn About What Those Guys Think About Anything Else, I Couldn't Care Less About What They Feel About Allen's Record. He Could Get A Lot Of Yards In Madden So Should Be In The Hall Of Fame, Well Fine I Can Talk About Sports I Should Be On TV.

That Being Said I Don't Beleave That Allen Should Be In Canton's Hall Of Fame, I Think It Should Be Reserved For nFL Players Just Like We Wouldn't Guys Like Thiesmenn In The Hall Of Fame In Hamilton Because Of What They Did In Another League. But Really The Problem Stems From The Name Of The Hall Of Fame, 'Pro Football'. Really That Should Include Everything; CFL, AFL, nFL Europe, Heck Even FIFA.

It's Not That I'm Egar To See The Name Be Changed, Although It Is Mislending. However Its Nice To Hear That This Is Such A Hot Issue South Of The Boarder And Its Shinning A Light On Our League And Giving The CFL Much Deserved Publicity.

PDI is in the entertainment business, so im
not really surprised or offended by the Madden
comment.

As for my opinion on the hall....sorry but
imo its an NFL hof even though it does say
professional football hall of fame.

Has Allen ever gave his opinion, I'd bet he
agrees he shouldnt be in.

I say as long as its called the Pro football hall of fame he should be in.

As most have said change it to the NFL HOF if only NFLers are eligible

Its their hall, they can call it whatever they want.

Ya but if they call it the pro....They have no excuse to not let him in other than because its the CFL

You know how arrogant they can be. Alot
of them think NFL is the only pro league.

Who cares....we know who really has the better
game.

This show on ESPN is made up of loud mouthed idiots. They were saying last week their NBA team would cakewalk through the world championships. Shows what they know, eh? I don't even know why TSN shows this crap.

Exactly, can PTI and extend OTR to an hour; although can Canada really stand Lansberg for a whole hour?

A HALL OF FAME SHOULD BE FOR PLAYERS THAT DID GREAT THINGS IN THE GAME OF FOOTBALL AND DAMEN ALLEN IS ONE OF THEM . IT SHOULDN'T MATTER WHAT LEAGUE THEY PLAY FOR OR WHO THEY PLAY FOR IF YOU DID SOMETHING THAT DESERVES RECOGNITION THEN YOU SHOULD BE IN NO MATTER WHAT 2 ESPN IDIOTS HAVE TO SAY