Esks trade Glen Carson to Toronto for 2nd round(13th) pick

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=192377&hubname=cfl

Mississauga – The Toronto Argonauts Football Club today acquired Canadian offensive lineman Glen Carson from the Edmonton Eskimos in exchange for the Argonauts' 2nd Round pick (13th overall) in the 2007 Canadian Draft.

Argos GM/Vice President, Football Operations, Adam Rita commented, "We're very excited to have a player of Glen's experience to come in and compete for a starting job on our offensive line. We think that he brings the kind of veteran poise that we need; he's also played on a championship team and I think he's the type of guy who will fit in well with our group."

Carson is a six-year CFL veteran who was originally selected by the Eskimos in the 3rd Round of the 2001 CFL Draft. He spent his first five seasons as a backup and was promoted to starter for the first 10 games of the 2006 season. Glen has a geophysics degree from the University of Saskatchewan and earned a Vanier Cup Championship in 1998.

Remarked the Argos' newest player, Glen Carson, "I'm looking forward to making a contribution and I'm happy to do it in Toronto. I look forward to joining my new team at training camp."

Good move by the Esks. Carson struggled all year long on the Esks o-line.