Esks trade for Botterill w/ the als.

onday, July 3, 2006
Esks acquire special teams standout from Als

(Edmonton) The Edmonton Eskimos today acquired non-import linebacker Michael Botterill from the Montreal Alouettes in exchange for a third round selection in the 2007 CFL Canadian Draft.

A sixth-round selection (52nd overall) in 2003, Botterill spent three seasons (2003 – 2005) with the Als appearing in 53 games. As a rookie in 2003, Botterill led the team with 25 special teams tackles and was selected as Montreal’s Most Outstanding Rookie and Most Outstanding Special Teams Player. He played one game (Week 1) with Montreal in 2006.

Michael Botterill
Non-Import
Linebacker
McMaster
Born: 09/11/80 – Belleville, ON
Height: 6’3 Weight: 225 lbs

The next Eskimo home game is at 7:00pm on Friday, July 7 versus the B.C. Lions.

Hmmm Im wondering why they would trade him if he seems as good as your describing him...

esks123 wasn't describing anything. I'm pretty sure that's a direct cut and paste from the media release. All those stats regarding Botterill are true, and all the Esks give up is a 3rd round draft pick. Not a huge trade that will have a big impact on either club, but sounds good to me!

yup got it from esks.com. Probably won't see any action though, unless we have some injuries on special teams.

Yay, this means I won't have to see Botterill play MLB whenever Mackey is injured! I like Botterill on special teams -- he's a great downfield tackler -- but this guy will never be a starter in the CFL, and the MLB position is way over his head.

that wads a great trade we need another good d man

wat the hell is a non import

Uh.....someone that is not imported.....

a candian player. not an american one.