ESKS sign DeMarco, Reilly injury may be worse than thought?

Dave Campbell ?@Dave_CHED 2m2 minutes ago
#Eskimos have signed QB Thomas DeMarco. Perhaps the injury to Mike Reilly is more serious that first thought. No update yet. #CFL

[url=http://www.esks.com/2016/11/16/qb-thomas-demarco-returns-to-the-green-and-gold/]http://www.esks.com/2016/11/16/qb-thoma ... -and-gold/[/url]

What no responses, I guess I should have gone like Access_Media and said my sources told me Tom Brady and Russell Wilson are close to signing in EDM as Reilly's injury may be worse than thought! :roll:

If the regular season is over and only playoff money can be earned,
how does he get paid???
Should it come off the Cap??

They must be concerned to sign him now no question.
Everything is so secretive. when it happened I thought he broke his wrist.
Reports from Reilly is that his wife is having a baby ( this past Monday) and he's fine.

Tough trips for Edmonton...over to Hamilton...physical game...fly back to Edmonton...practice...fly back East to Ottawa. Lot of mileage.

Ottawa sittin' at home practicing...sleeping in their own beds etc. I like Ottawa here.

Wow !!! If Reilly can't play ya gotta think that the odds on the TWOCOLOURS advancing just improved ten fold. Although I wouldn't count out Reilly just yet , he has proven to be quite the stubborn tough S.O.B. with his warrior mentality and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him under centre come game time.

Sigh ...

Bobo ...and you complain about the wastage that is Access.

You may be right about Reilly but Im hoping the GC comes East!

The travelling thing is over rated, Edmonton to Ottawa is a non-stop four hour flight. When Ottawa plays Hamilton or vice versa it’s a 6 hour train ride. The Esks sleeping in their own beds too.

Reilly was on the field this afternoon, the DeMarco signing just a precaution.

Precaution? In case Reilly then Franklin as backup cant play?

…Definitely going to have an affect on the Esks. game BUT this kid Franklin is no slouch…The drop off to him starting isn’t that great…It’s a good chance for him to show everyone what he has…or what he doesn’t have…

The drop off from a healthy Reilly to a healthy Franklin is quite significant - mostly based on experience and Reilly’s well-known penchant to play ultimate warrior.

The biggest drop off would be from Franklin to Jordan Lynch, basically a high-paid holder who runs some 3rd down stuff but isn’t any more than an emergency QB. Smart move, hiring Demarco and getting him indoctrinated to the EE playbook. . . . . Demarco also has some intel on the Ottawa playbook!

The drop off from a healthy Reilly to a healthy Franklin is quite significant - mostly based on experience and Reilly’s well-known penchant to play ultimate warrior.

The biggest drop off would be from Franklin to Jordan Lynch, basically a high-paid holder who runs some 3rd down stuff but isn’t any more than an emergency QB. Smart move, hiring Demarco and getting him indoctrinated to the EE playbook. . . . . Demarco also has some intel on the Ottawa playbook![/quote]

DeMarco was cut from Ottawa in February so has no “intel” on Ottawa’s current playbook.
He may have some on last years book but certainly not more than does Edmonton’s HC.

Reilly is fine, they said today he's ready to go

The warriors always say the ‘right’ things. No question his left arm was injured - and probably fairly severely. They’ll shoot him up prior to game-time with the appropriate pain-killers and again at the half if he’s still in - but I suspect he’ll be the target of a fairly persistent Ottawa defensive assault.

I’d say Esks would be at least 6 pt favourites with a fully intact Reilly. With a diminished Reilly and Franklin entering the game (probably at the half or shortly thereafter) I’d call the game a pick 'em…

If Reilly can’t go - even with all the warrior bravado - I’d rate Ottawa as 5 pt favourites!

You don’t get it. The Esks announced to the Media today Reilly is starting.

Did they also announce who will be finishing???

Sorry, couldn’t resist! I know humour isn’t permitted on this site so dock me points mateee!!! :cowboy: