Esks release Jason Maas

Just gotten from Twitter:

JasonGregor Jason Gregor
by jamienye
Eskimos have officially released Jason Maas...No surprise really, but made no sense to keep him on roster.
49 seconds ago

I'll follow up with an article link when available.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Please check http://www.jasongregor.com/ for the news on Maas.

Jason Gregor has broken this story. He is a talk show host at the TEAM 1260 in Edmonton.

More to follow.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Good luck to him in his post-football career.

If anyone starts a "Let's bring him to Hamilton" thread I say that's grounds for termination of their membership here.

Bring him in!!!! :lol: :twisted:

CFL.ca has an article: http://www.cfl.ca/article/eskimos-part- ... jason-maas

Apparently Maas would like to continue playing. We shall see if there are any takers. The end of the road may be near.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Continue playing or continue riding the pines and getting paid for it?

Mass is the perfect professional backup, is happy sitting on the bench forever without whining.

Realistically? The latter, IMHO.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Ya know what, I like this guy. He gave his heart when he was here. I hope everything works out for him.

All the best for sure, had a bad shoulder that just didn't want to heal properly I think.

Haaaaaaa ! I was waiting for that one. He cried and moaned about getting back to his BFF Maciocia in Edmonton and now he wants to play elsewhere. Some people's children :slight_smile:

Does this mean there is a good chance Porter is going to Edmonton??

8)

If he's willing to move and be someone's #2 or even #3 and he's not asking for a ton of money, I think someone will pick him up for insurance.

An Argo-Cat fan

perry defco (vis twitter), who i trust as far as i can throw him, is starting this rumor.

Hearing rumblings Winnipeg is shopping qb Steven Jyles and he could be heading to Hamilton & Ticats trading/releasing Porter or Defralis.
looks like we won't need maas after all.

ps see what i did with perry's name..... defralis? :wink:

Gawd no. The guy is still healing from last years injury. That's the last thing we need, a QB with a bum shoulder. Been there...done that...some bought the jerseys.

If he wanted to come back east again, boy we could sure use him as a decent backup to Jackson who will hopefully sign.

You are more than welcome to him. In fact I hope you sign him lol.

My guess is that Jason Maas is well past his 'best-before' date.