ESKS RELEASE DB STANFORD SAMUELS !

HI TI-CAT FANS I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND I THOUGHT THAT I WOULD POST THIS NEWS DB STANFORD SAMUELS HAS BEEN RELEASED BY THE ESKIMOS MAYBE A PLAYER YOU GUYS COULD USE OR LOOK AT ANYWAY!

He is a good player, and could be a nice addition, but we already have alot of competition in the secondary.

That is definitely something to shout about! Stanford is a really good DB and hits like a truck! Here is him in College hitting now Buffalo Bills receiver and Miami Hurricane Roscoe Parrish :frowning: lol…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de1aMu2pDOg

We have good competition but adding Samuels would be HUGE! if we can get him in here for the second preseason game he could possibly start in our secondary come June 26th.

The question is why did they release him?

Because they have a lot of depth at db this year. They really stacked up at that spot with vets and I’m hoping we sign this guy or Bolden.

I don’t know about Bolden he is getting up there with age but I really hope we sign Samuels he is young at only 24 years old he is experienced and very talented.

• Samuels started 14 games in 2007, his first season with the Esks, recording 51 tackles, four knockdowns and one interception. He spent his first two CFL seasons (2005- ’06) with Winnipeg recording 89 tackles, 1 sack, 5 interceptions, and 2 fumble recoveries in 29 games with the Bombers.

If its only cos of depth and they were stacked then we should defintely give him a look.

They have the top 2 cover guys in the league in Younger and Goss and also Shannon Garret, then a bunch of rookies so maybe they released him for salary reasons.

we esks fans are suspecting some durability concerns, esp as we was moving to safety this year, a higher impact position than HB. we have some great looking rookies in camp too that come a lot cheaper

I agree and scotty_dogg, edmonton has…

CB - Jason Goss

CB - Jordan Younger

DB - Shannon Garrett

DB - Lenny Williams

S - William Loftus

S - J.R. LaRose

And then Youngsters…

DB - Sammy Okpro

DB - Jonathan Hood

DB - Bradley Robinson

So I think Drexl is spot on with Samuels being released because of salary issues. If I recall correctly Stanford signed a pretty big 2 year contract somewhere in the 80k-100k+ range before last season. So with Edmonton getting Younger in that trade with Toronto it moved Samuels out because of his larger salary.

I'm definitely interested in the Cats taking a look with it looking more and more thats it simply is a businees decision.

whether he plays again will depend on what $$ he asks for. Sounds like Thompson and Mays have been impressive at HB at Ticat camp. So again for “Business reasons” you may not see Samuels in B&G

also, GBonds, I think you missed our most impressive rookies in #24 Duane Coleman and #20 Keith Williams. The 3 you mentioned are 2 drafts and Robinson at the bottom of the depth chart.

Me too, I wanted Hamilton to sign him last year as a free agent but we all know how that worked out for us… Samuels recording 51 tackles, four knockdowns and one interception.

While our secondary had one solid player(Lawrence Gordon) and Dwight Anderson who showed some promise but also took dumb penalties and got burned a lot, like the rest of our DBs last year.

I just listed some of your youngsters just to show some of the depth in your secondary. I just wrote down the first couple players that stood out aside from the obvious solid vets you guys have.

Also I don’t think it will hurt for Hamilton to offer Samuels a contract and if he turns it down oh well we can move on with the solid DBs we have.

He does take costly penalties but maybe thats just maturity and he has come along. I’m in the midst of convincing Ritchie Hall and ET about bringing him on board in Sask., so act quickly if you want him!

kel

consider it the warning :wink: receivers will be taking note of those guys by mid-season

He Be a Nice pick up