Eskimos want REVENGE!!!

[url=http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Edmonton/2005/11/06/1295539-cp.html]http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/ ... 39-cp.html[/url]

Ricky Ray wants redemption.

The Edmonton quarterback will have a chance to get it next Sunday when the Eskimos make a return trip to Calgary to play the Stampeders in the CFL's Western semifinal.

"We just need to focus a little bit harder knowing we've got to come back here and play this team again and find a way to make some better plays," Ray said after throwing three interceptions in a 43-23 loss to Calgary at McMahon Stadium on Sunday.

The Esks could have earned a bye straight into the Western final with a win. Instead, Calgary will host Edmonton next Sunday with the winner earning the right to travel to Vancouver to face the B.C. Lions Nov. 20 in the Western final.

"We had something to play for and now we have to come back here," said Ray, who failed to throw a touchdown pass for the fifth straight game. "We've got to be able to break out and make some big plays.

"We're just unable to do that right now."

It took until the last game of the regular season to decide the Eskimos' fate. And a loss to the Stamps wasn't exactly what coach Danny Maciocia had in mind.

"We did not cash in on the opportunity given us and now we have to take our act back on the road," said Maciocia.

Calgary and Edmonton finished with identical 11-7 records but finished third in the West because of the Stamps' 2-1 head-to-head record.

After the game, Maciocia said Ray shouldn't shoulder the loss himself, noting that things could have been different if receiver Jason Tucker had hauled in an almost sure touchdown pass late in the third quarter.

"If Tucker catches the ball, that's now a question that's going to come up," Maciocia said.

Although they would have liked to earn a week off to watch the Stamps and Lions beat each other up, Maciocia said the Eskimos will now have to forget about their missed opportunity and focus on the future.

"We cannot over-react at this time of the year," he said. "We have to regroup and come back here."

Eskimo defensive lineman Joe Montford said the Stamps shouldn't count on scoring as many points against the Edmonton defence again next weekend.

"We made some mistakes and they cost us," said Montford, who vowed to put more pressure on Calgary quarterback Henry Burris next week. "We have to get more pass pressure."

Eskimo linebacker A.J. Gass echoed Montford's sentiments.

"We have to make adjustments," noted Gass. "I can play better and we as a group have to play better."

If we start Ray again we'll lose again brutally. The calgary d has him figured out and has shut him down for 2 and a half games straight now. Mass is the man, but i know dumba** maccioca wont start him.

Geez drummer did you really need to state the obvious?

Guess what?? Calgary wants to win again. Brilliant eh?

this was an article from canoe.ca, hence the link......u are so stupid.

Terrible head coach! Nothing like putting question marks about your head coach's confidence in your playing skills with public statements like that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thank you

I agree what a bonehead comment..Tucker has carried them all yearand he makes (1) mistake..Yet maciocia didnt even mention Pet Ray's interceptions... Sounds like to me he has Barrett/Greene syndrom

Edmonton will be out for Blood next week, and Calgary is likely a little tried after the big game last night.

So with that assumption, I'm picking Edmonton to win, but I'll be cheering for Calgary. They are my girl friends team after all.

.......why would Calgary be any more tired than Edmonton?.......they're the ones having to travel and sleep in hotels, etc........

I can already see it.. CGY too overconfident, EDM all business.. this will be over by the 2nd quarter. there is no way Edm will lose this game. Nice run by Stamps, but it ends on Nov. 13.

.........I better expect to see the headlines then lonnie that you're a millionaire come next Monday because if you are so sure of that then your Sportsline picks will make you rich.......according to many, there was 'no way' the EEs would lose yesterday......guess they just found a 'way' to do just that......

ITS NOT RICKY'S FAULT warron moon wouldnth have won with that game plan...... how cna macocia go into every game with the same 5-8 yard pass game plan..... let ricky air it out

…I would agree, you’ve got the receivers, let them do what they have shown to do best, perhaps best in the league, catch the long bomb…it’s not like Calgary has unstoppable DBs to prevent that…the only thing i can think of RnR that is preventing Coach M from calling that is the EE O-line isn’t giving RR enough time to settle back in the pocket and let the pass patterns develope…he could get sacked many many times before he connects on one or two long passes…

Yeah, some brutal plays called, lousy execution, missed field goals, and little intensity from the Esks. It was almost like the Hamilton game when the wheels fell off in the 3rd quarter. Stamps deserved the victory. Next week the Esks will be a tough team to beat, though.

Or how about abandoning the running game right after Davis gets a 17 yard run? You're down by a touchdown - why abandon the run and pass on every down? That's what's been screwing them in all the games they lost!

And since the Eskimos aren't in first, I get to see them win three more games this year!

That's exactly why RedandWhite.

When you are on the road, all you have to think about is football. In hotels, food is being served to you and the maid even makes your bed and cleans your stuff.

At home, you're stick with your wife saying stuff like "I don't care that it's the playoffs honey. My job at the office is also demanding and it is not my sole responsibility to take care of the house and kids. Now you do the grocery, the laundry, the ironing and help the kids with their homeworks, and THEN you'll go play ball with your friends."

Man, I'd take the hotel...

Not really, RW, remember their in the same time zone and they don't have to go far since their already in Calgary. The Stamps just scored more TD then they needed and there are tried form that, Edmonton scored only 3 TDs and maybe laughing all the way to the bank this coming weekend.

"When you are on the road, all you have to think about is football. In hotels, food is being served to you and the maid even makes your bed and cleans your stuff.

At home, you're stick with your wife saying stuff like "I don't care that it's the playoffs honey. My job at the office is also demanding and it is not my sole responsibility to take care of the house and kids. Now you do the grocery, the laundry, the ironing and help the kids with their homeworks, and THEN you'll go play ball with your friends."

Man, I'd take the hotel..."

3nd right, and if you throw Mom into the mix of being at home, oh boy, you wouldn't be able to do much this weekend. I know from personal experience, but I still love my momma.

........boy, how can I argue against that logic.......

Save your breath Red, its pointless.

Just agree, yes were tried and staying in our house will be a detriment.

LOL

This should be the better playoff game this weekend. I expect it will be close. I don't think Calgary can be too cocky, Edmonton will likely play a better game, I just don't see them crapping the bed two weeks in a row. Both have good all round teams for the most part.

How wacky is the CFL...you can go from a chance at div champs, a bye, and a home date to no bye, finishing third, and playing on the road. But whatever, the Esks made their beds with this ass-crack performance and now have to prove they're the best again. And they will. They won't lose to these guys again...guaranteed.
Then maybe Nik "the trick" Lewis will finally shut his hole and act like he's been there before...oh wait, he hasn't.
And Jermaine Copeland cries every time he doesn't catch the ball and the referees are biting. Good for him, I suppose. He's fooling the blind zebras with his girl-esque, cry-baby act. Garrett made an all-pro break on his lame-assed int call and Cope turned on the taps...******* brutal...

Whatever...I predict that the Esks roll into McBanned next week and hand it to Cowgary. Simply because they're better. Did you all miss me? Didn't think so...