eskimos vs cats (a trade?)

I know its virtual heresy but its not outside the realm of possibility for both teams to shake the tree and their respective lethargy by making a trade…

now dont jump all over me on this one…and Im not talking about M…S…

But is is there ANYONE on the Esks who we might consider and if so, what would we surrender.

SMOKEYSTOVER (i just got an upgrade from SMOKEYSTOVER 1-- but its the same guy…
working on some more WHERE ARE THEY NOW as we speak)

I was hoping for one actually, but haven't seen or heard anything yet.

[quote="smokeystover"]I know its virtual heresy but its not outside the realm of possibility for both teams to shake the tree and their respective lethargy by making a trade...

But is is there ANYONE on the Esks who we might consider and if so, what would we surrender.

8) How about Ricky Ray for either Kevin Glen or Mr. Porter ????

I say forget the trades and start Tafralis.

How about trading for Boreham....... (assuming he's technically signed again with the Argos) :wink:

8) OOOOOHHHH, Banshee, now you're getting me all excited with that statement !!! :lol:
 We could also rescue Mr. Jason Boltus from the Injury List to start  !!!

The only trade I would like to see should involve o-line men going to Hamilton. With out a offensive line in the CFL you simply can't compete. I shocked Obilivich and all his experience would try to start the season with a all Canadian oline. Get some big American beef in there and watch our offense open up.

I wouldn’t make that trade, Ray has been looking worse and worse every year.

How about we trade for Jason Mass :lol:

help on the O Line maybe? :?

Lemme guess! You’re the proud owner of a Maas jersey circa 2005!! :rockin:

Edmonton Sun 26 July 2010

The entire Edmonton Eskimos organization has been put on notice, with nobody's job remaining safe past Friday's game against the B.C. Lions.

President and CEO Rick LeLacheur read the riot act at a press conference Monday at Commonwealth Stadium.

"We have to be accountable. We're 0-4 and our last game was a total embarrassment to the coaches, players and everybody," he said of the 47-21 loss to the Blue Bombers in Winnipeg Saturday.

"We're just not going to accept it. Clearly they were not ready to play. Nobody in the organization is untouchable. Let's see where we are after week five," he said of the future of GM Danny Maciocia and head coach Richie Hall.

LeLacheur said to expect player changes likely prior to practice Tuesday.

Lelacheur is not too swift, if he thinks cutting some starters a day before playing their next game is going to wield anything positive.

the best kind of trade is one made with a someone who is desperate for quick results.

oops... :wink: sounds like half of the folks reading these blogs..

but seriously- thats how you shake up teams (for better or for worse)

somehow losing a homebrew safety and the 6th man in a stacked receiving corps dont really strike fear into the heart of any team Ive heard of..

Yeah, a pimply faced Canadian bench warmer who would block and catch like his life depended on it, for a playah.

I think Ricky Ray with the Cat receivers would be great. Ray probably needs a change of scenery.

I have just the trade… Ricky Ray for Quinton Porter :thup:
I don’t think EDM fans would like that too much though :wink:

Our O line looked terrible in the Montreal game with few exceptions, however; at this point, I wouldn't make
any trades. I'm sure the riot act has been read to the poor play perpetrators and I am anxious to see how well or
poorly we play (in all areas) against Saskatchewan on Saturday.

Even if we lose this game, and we likely will, I expect to see marked improvement in all areas. If we don't see this
marked improvement, I would start rotating the revolving door.

Under no circumstances would I give up Kevin Glenn for anyone. IMHO, the team's misfortunes do not centre around
him. I'd have no problem trading Porter because I think he is as good as he's going to get and I don't expect to see
any further improvement with this player.

Just my thoughts.

Another area of contention for me is coaching, with special emphasis on the head coach and the OC, but as mentioned,
I would only make these moves pending the caliber of play in the Saskatchewan game.

Glenn for Ricky and Porter for a waterboy.

I'm sure that BC would love to try to get Ray too. LuLay doesn't look too bad but Ray would look great with the Lions receivers.