Eskimos sign 3 to the offence

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=318768

Two OL and a WR. Honestly, with this new receiver being signed, I gotta think Campbell isn't coming back. Like I said in another topic, I'm beginning to think we'll never see him in the CFL again.

Ah well, we have plenty of talented receivers already on the roster.

Jeremy Parquet
Height/Weight: 6-7/323 | Birthplace: Norco, LA | College: Southern Mississippi
Copyright NFLDraftScout.com, distributed by The Sports Xchange
Overview
Positives … Has impressive size, long arms, solid midsection, big bubble and a frame that can add more bulk … Carries his weight well and shows good short area explosion … Will compensate for his heavy feet by taking proper angles to neutralize linebackers at the second level … Flashes quickness and agility working in space … Plays until the whistle and is a smart player who is alert to games and stunts … Works to finish blockers when working in-line … Has adequate pop to reestablish position at the line of scrimmage … Can position or drive block with equal efficiency for the ground game … Uses his size well and shows a good kick slide in pass protection … Has the lateral quickness and change of direction agility to make blocks in space … Plays with a nasty, aggressive nature and is very adept at maintaining balance working in tight areas … Displays the foot balance to hold his own vs. the edge rush … Even with his wind-up hand punch (a little weak), his long arms allow him to deliver the reach blocks and make it tough for defensive ends attempting to turn the corner … Shows good body control redirecting in-line and could see time at guard at the next level due to his trap blocking ability … Mentally tough blocker who reacts well to the defender's stunts and is very effective using his size to clear out the rush lanes.

Negatives … Has narrow shoulders and small bone structure … Little stiff in the hips and struggles to bring his feet when on the move … Rarely lunges or overextends, but does wind up a bit with his hands before making contact … Is not what you'd consider a workout warrior in the weight room, but has made improvements in his work habits … Has a tendency to let his feet die after generating a quick initial burst off the ball … Hesitates before making contact and gets too erect in his stance at times, resulting in him getting pushed back vs. a strong bull rush … Gets good hand placement, but fails to deliver much power behind his punch … Has good lateral agility, but seems very reluctant to move his feet at times … Tends to get lazy in the off season and not only needs to be monitored, he must also develop better overall strength.

He sounds good but the work ethic statement worries me. I could find nothing on Cliff Louis and all I could find on Rudy Burgess was he got into a bar fight in Pittsburgh and was summarily released by the Steelers.

Little stiff in the hips and struggles to bring his feet when on the move … Rarely lunges or overextends, but does wind up a bit with his hands before making contact … Is not what you'd consider a workout warrior in the weight room, but has made improvements in his work habits … Has a tendency to let his feet die after generating a quick initial burst off the ball … Hesitates before making contact and gets too erect in his stance at times, resulting in him getting pushed back vs. a strong bull rush … Gets good hand placement, but fails to deliver much power behind his punch … Has good lateral agility, but seems very reluctant to move his feet at times …
If the offence is going to use also screen passes, the above does not come even close to being able to cut it at tackle if the play is going his way and has me quite worried.

Hopefully someone can light a real fire under his …because he does possess the physical skills to be solid in that regard in pass-blocking, with also more advantageous rules for blocking on screen passes in the CFL than in the NFL.

He appears to be for the most part solid against the run.