Eskimos grab Pikula

what does pik specialize in more, place kicking, or punting?

on a side note, i just committed to St. Marys as a punter last weekend.. i know a thing or 2 about leg strenght too piggy! :smiley:

Are you putting in an audition for a role in "Glory Daze"? For those that don't know, its my upcoming blockbuster docu-drama about how brain injuries sustained by weak atheletes while competing in their sports lead to amnesia and boasting about ones non-existent accomplishments? Well if you were, welcome aboard!!!

Sprinting leg strength doesn't really relate to kicking strength palomino. There's no sweet spot on the track that makes you run faster if you run on it is there? There is more to kicking a football than leg strength, such as the hold, the balls sweet spot, and the physics of the balls flight.

Nothing I hate more than Al Bundy glory stories. And talk about relative jm02. This guy says he was a top sprinter! Top sprinter at the provincial level in Canada??? We all know that Canada doesn't grow sprinters, we rent them.

Current Can. champ in 100m: Nicolas Macrozonaris ... born in Quebec
Former Can., Olympic and World Champ: Donovan Bailey ... born in Jamaica
Former Can., World and Olympic Champ: Ben Johnson ... born in Jamaica

I know your prob. saying, geez', who the heck is Nick Macrozonaris? Keep the glory to yourself please as it's kinda like walking in on your parents 'doing it', everybody leaves feeling awkward and uncomfortable. Bet you I could throw this football over them mountains over there...

kel

Piggy says he was a sprinter, and I believe him...me believing something about you, on the other hand...seriously, "kel" - do you really have to be a jerk about everything you write?

Hey kel, my friend, did I happen to mention I was also the provincial long jump and triple jump champion ? I also recorded a 36" vertical jump at the Bisons training camp, and have been a player personnel scout for my old alma mater.

But I guess your right, I couldn't possibly know the first thing about a players leg strength because that would just shoot your opinion all to heck.

Run along now and get back to work on that book of yours. :lol:

I like this move by the Esks, I would say its an insurance move should the rookie not work out. A little competition at TC will help both become better.

"Kel" is writing a book? I'll wait for the movie, but then again I probably wouldn't watch that either...

Are you putting in an audition for a role in "Glory Daze"? For those that don't know, [b]its my upcoming blockbuster docu-drama about how brain injuries sustained by weak atheletes while competing in their sports lead to amnesia and boasting about ones non-existent accomplishments?[/b] Well if you were, welcome aboard!!!
I think KEL is likely perfectly situated to make this documentary....

Anyway, seriously?
Pikula can become a good kicker. That remains to be seen.
The fact that Edmonton is smart enough not to bring just one kicker to camp seems to have caught some people off guard.
They gave up a bag of hammers to get Pikula, so big deal…

Nobody was saying that he isn't worth a look at camp. He is young and a NI, which is never a bad thing. But he has got some work to do if wants to compete with the established guys in the league.

In 'Toba?

kel

What part of blockbuster docu-drama don't you understand? I was kidding anyways but for you to somehow get that I was penning a book out of my post is terribly funny for me.

kel

He was following the joke in kind...sad if you can't see that, but if you can, then don't dish it if you can't take it...now back on track, please...

IMO Pik will have a job in 2008 despite his 'lack of leg strenth'. It may not be in E-Town but thats for people more qualified than I or anyone here to decide.

Interpret this ...

I don't need your interpretations. If I quote Sambo42, I'm sure he's more than capable of returning the favor. No comments please.

kel

lmao - he says no comments on a public forum...:roll:

As long as I keep it appropriate, which I have, you can't tell me (or anyone) to not comment...interpret that.

edited - off topic